Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Must be getting close

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Print? You live in the stone age?!? They got an app for that :ROFLMAO:

I have that app on my cellphone and not many areas I hunt have cell service. I just checked to see how to check in a game harvest. Since I just purchased my tags yesterday, I do not see them within the app yet even after a sync and the only option I have currently is to check a deer is through 'landowner game check'. I wonder if my tags will show up soon within the app or when the season starts, IDK.

Another question I have is, aren't the game tags suppose to be physically signed by the owner after purchase to be legal?

Any help to clarify would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edit: My bad, I do see my permits, but I still do not see how to check them in from the app. I'll continue to try to figure it out, but if you can help me out, I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They have to be signed. So you have to print them to sign them.

Or... you screenshot and sign on your phone.

200.gif

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Doesn't appear to be real clear on page 31 in the ndr hunting reg book, but I suppose I'll play it safe and do what I've always done over the years and keep the printed signature copy with me.

SmartSelect_20200921-114035_Drive.jpg

SmartSelect_20200921-113335_Drive.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If it's verifiable and on your phone, and you're carrying your phone, you have it on you. We're splitting hairs here, which is why you should call your GW. Ours has confirmed that so long as you can produce it on your phone and the info checks out, we're good. My buddies were check while waterfowl hunting last season and the only physical thing they had was their federal stamp; no issues.

Buckkillr

Athens
Knowing my luck I'd pull my phone out to show my licenses and my phone would be dead or broke LOL. I've already printed mine and in a baggy with my little pencil as usual.

Reactions: giles