Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My boy at Basic Training

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Caleb is loving his AIT training, but not happy that the army in making him get the vaccine in order to leave post.

I think he can kick my ass when he gets home. Lol
DDB2ADDB-363C-4D83-B22B-27D5CF81EAF5.jpeg
A2C98D83-09DE-4076-BD9F-FD4550AD5263.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Clay Showalter

Guilford County
I have not posted on thread for quite awhile, when my son graduated from basic on April 1, we could not go, could not see him, only talk to him.

he went to Fort Huachuca in Arizona, we got visit him in June for 2 days, he graduated from there August 6, then he was supposed to go to jump school at Fort Benning in Georgia. They kept messing up paperwork, then he rolled his ankle and had to wait. It was like prison, but he finally traveled to Fort Benning on Thanksgiving day and is in jump school as we speak. If there weather is good we will go see him at graduation a week from Friday. Then we get to bring our boy him.

It will 11 days short of a year since he left, we are so excited to see him and have him around.

thanksgiving was the first time mamaw did not have all of her boys home, it was a little hard on us.

here is a picture of him and his girlfriend in their dress blues.
9FCD6BB7-3F8D-45FE-909E-09F2E0A9A184.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great update. Different times than when I went thru basic. The only female I saw in basic was one mean drill Sargent, and some Korean ladies in the Chow Hall.

Reactions: switchhitter

Clay Showalter

Guilford County
Surgeon you did my shoulder surgery, and whose kid goes to school with mine, was a surgeon in the army and also Airborne, said you put those wings on punch style or blood pinned. Dude is so laid back but so hardcore at the same time.

he also did 2 surgical tours in Afghanistan

5BC094C2-AAAA-43D7-81E7-BAF8821AD9F1.jpeg