Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My first bow kill

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Great read J!!!!

On a side note, I grew up in Austintown, and was buddies with Al's youngest son. Still keep in touch through FB these days. Small world...

Ohiohunter95

Rest In Peace Zach
I wish I could get out to this promise land of deer you guys are talking about lol Around our parts, you'll be lucky to get a deer every 2 years. Looking forward to the grouse story!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great read J!!!!

On a side note, I grew up in Austintown, and was buddies with Al's youngest son. Still keep in touch through FB these days. Small world...

I think Brent ran the shop for his dad back then.... Brent closed the doors and went to Lordstown to the plant too work.... Last I had seen or heard from him was at the shop.... Spent many a hour in that place looking and BS'ing.... Good times....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice read J! Times sure have changed for sure but these lower numbers we have now in some areas do remind me of the 70's somewhat.
Getting your first deer is always special. I lol when you said you didn't look very hard for spots though! Haha

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks Ric, too this day I'm basically a meat hunter but always try for a good one.... Most years that doesn't happen lol... I've passed up so many little bucks over the years and have yet too have it work in my favor lol