Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My season 2021-2022

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Another little update. Pulled cards from here at the house and have a couple decent bucks on camera. Nothing huge but it’s something for my 7 acres lol

Attachments

• 88C54D97-A2A2-4855-8F49-EEBF0ED4D90D.jpeg
    88C54D97-A2A2-4855-8F49-EEBF0ED4D90D.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 326A7171-FA90-470C-8F56-F40EEB869691.jpeg
    326A7171-FA90-470C-8F56-F40EEB869691.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 471AAF9E-CC47-40A1-A167-D0E1C88111EB.jpeg
    471AAF9E-CC47-40A1-A167-D0E1C88111EB.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 134

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
A little update. Everyone of the deer I’ve seen on this piece are dropping the soft stuff. Deer are still on very similar time. Little variance between middle of July to now. Just hope the big boys stay around for another few weeks… couple pictures of hard horned bucks and “oak” with some funk hanging off his head

Attachments

• EB6D35D6-512C-4889-B476-DD78AED585DF.jpeg
    EB6D35D6-512C-4889-B476-DD78AED585DF.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 149
  • E172E81F-851A-4CDC-BB89-F17B9F05BAF8.jpeg
    E172E81F-851A-4CDC-BB89-F17B9F05BAF8.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: giles and Big_Holla

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
All stands hung on this big chunk. Feeders full and cameras all out. Hung the last hang on today. 645 acres of permission properties in here. I’m whipped. Will post some more hard horned bucks for anyone following along. Got a couple more mature bucks coming in every day along with “oak” still in daylight. I’m very hopeful for the opening weekend

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
All stands hung on this big chunk. Feeders full and cameras all out. Hung the last hang on today. 645 acres of permission properties in here. I’m whipped. Will post some more hard horned bucks for anyone following along. Got a couple more mature bucks coming in every day along with “oak” still in daylight. I’m very hopeful for the opening weekend

Nice chuck of huntin woods you've got there. Good work! Hope it all pays off for you this season with good one. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: Chancegriffis

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Dave’s right. You should also go to location settings on your phone for pics and shut that off also….I’ve taken pics of nice bucks before and posted on Facebook, along with sending to “friends” only to have people setting up near my spots the following year. A friend of mine showed me how you can click on the pic I sent him and an icon popped up for location…after tapping on the icon, a map came up and a blue dot was right where the pic was taken…about 50 yards from one of my best stands.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
You guys are the only social that this stuff gets posted to. I’m really not too too concerned with it. If you’re brave enough to trespass on these couple pieces of permission, then SEND IT LOL it won’t end well. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate y’all’s input

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Alright boys, first sit is with my oldest boy behind the house tomorrow morning. Going after a 9pt he wants to kill. Goal for the weekend put my oldest son on his first buck and my youngest son on a deer. After that, a couple observational sits going after “oak”. He’s been there the past three days in daylight so hopefully I’ll have the first IKS thread! Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow! Stay safe and shoot straight!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Alright boys, first sit is with my oldest boy behind the house tomorrow morning. Going after a 9pt he wants to kill. Goal for the weekend put my oldest son on his first buck and my youngest son on a deer. After that, a couple observational sits going after “oak”. He’s been there the past three days in daylight so hopefully I’ll have the first IKS thread! Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow! Stay safe and shoot straight!
Good luck! Don’t forget to send Dave the nut pic for the IKS thread!😂

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Alright guys, just an update. My wife and I will be on for patrol on our property and permission. The kids are with grams for the weekend. The goal is 4 does, and maybe a buck for the wife. Our property in guernsey has way way too many does and my freezer is looking a bit scarce. I will be in the woods most of the weekend and Monday to see if I can get it done….. the wife is hunting with me all day tomorrow and Sunday morning.I’ll be strictly on a meat mission…. but of course trying to kill that big funky main frame 8 if he comes in as well… will post pictures for the followers. Good luck to everyone this weekend and stay safe, shoot straight and have fun!

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Don't you only have 6 acres? Killing that many deer could be devastating to the local herd. Trust me, I did it 8 years ago to my place and I'm just getting back to having deer around again.
Yep, only 6. I’m not worried about the doe pop out here man. I would say it’s a solid 15 does to 1 buck if not more. The amount of does in this neck of the woods are insane and need to be thinned. Plus there are a few target does to try to take as well!(deer with broken legs) (or back)

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Just stepped out of the woods. Had to take the browns to Super Bowl…. BADDDD. 6 does this morning, a few fawns, and two different bucks. Nothing worth shooting in the buck department and the does were just out of comfortable bow range for the wife. Absolutely beautiful first sit. Acorns raining and not a breathe of wind. It was perfection. I Was out on my permission property and for the rest of the day and evening my wife and I will be looking for the ol slickheads on our property! If I can figure out how to post videos I’ll post up one of an 8pt this morning working a scrape line