Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My stupid pet peeves.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Aaaaaand….just about every commercial has a mixed race couple or a gay couple. I have nothing against seeing their ads…just not EVERY commercial over and over. It’s like the far left are ramming this down our throats. Woke bullshit!
Yup, I’ve noticed that too.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Now that I'm driving to and from work in the dark it amazes me just how many people have headlights that are not adjusted correctly. Always seem to have one headlight looking for raccoons or blinding oncoming traffic. Drives me nuts.
Every single night pisses me off it's always the bright blue ones . And then the other half of drivers don't turn their brights off until you're passing them like what's the point by then.. can't fix stupid

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Every single night pisses me off it's always the bright blue ones . And then the other half of drivers don't turn their brights off until you're passing them like what's the point by then.. can't fix stupid
Yeah, I get those people all the time. I figured I couldn't beat those guys with the blue lights so I joined them and got the bright white LED 22k lumen lights and added the LED fog lights as well. I don't get many people that forget to turn off their brights for very long before I see the back of their brain with my brights 🤣

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
This picture is a splash screen from a video game I play every now and then. The more you look, the worse it gets. You know nobody at the company has ever held a compound, much less fired one.

grrrrust.png

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
When getting estimates from contractors they almost always just give you a total estimate. They don’t break it down so you do not know what you are actually paying for labor or materials. Seems to be a new trend. Could be old but I am just noticing it. Had a plumber come out to give me an estimate on running 6’ of black gas pipe from a propane regulator into the house for a fireplace. Got the estimate and all is does it gives a basic scope of work statement and then $1800+ estimate. I emailed them back and asked for a break down. They sent back $312 for materials and $1500 for labor. No further breakdown. WTF. Bad enough $1500 for labor but I want to know how you came up with the numbers. Am I paying $750/hr or do you really think it is a 10 hour job? SMH.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
When getting estimates from contractors they almost always just give you a total estimate. They don’t break it down so you do not know what you are actually paying for labor or materials. Seems to be a new trend. Could be old but I am just noticing it. Had a plumber come out to give me an estimate on running 6’ of black gas pipe from a propane regulator into the house for a fireplace. Got the estimate and all is does it gives a basic scope of work statement and then $1800+ estimate. I emailed them back and asked for a break down. They sent back $312 for materials and $1500 for labor. No further breakdown. WTF. Bad enough $1500 for labor but I want to know how you came up with the numbers. Am I paying $750/hr or do you really think it is a 10 hour job? SMH.

I've read their shit responses on this subject on Reddit and tiktok. They do that so they don't have to detail materials. Aka they keep the extra materials for the next job. As for the labor their excuse is "you're not paying for my time your paying for my experience." it's a bunch of shit. HVAC guys are the worst about it. If you broke down their labor rate on an install its like $800 an hour. Don't get me started on them charging 3-500 bucks to change a $15 capacitor. "you're paying for my knowledge to diagnose it" get the fuck out of here with that shit. I'm surprised when you asked for a breakdown they didn't tell you $1,800 to get it done, $0 to not get it done, most refuse to itemize or break down charges anymore.

Reactions: finelyshedded

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
another pet peeve of mine is people telling me what to do and when I see that person goes ahead to do it. Holy shit, man. Do I have a fucking sign on my forehead that I’m stupid? I went golfing this past Sunday. One or two of the guys would tell me what to do every fucking time. I went off and told him, go ahead you know what you’re doing. Then goes ahead and ball goes opposite way. Oh nooo what happen. I tell em don’t tell me what to do. I know what the fuck I’m doing. Jesus Christ, man. Don’t tell me what the fuck to do.

Reactions: Big_Holla