Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Stan Release. Kind of ?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
After Fluteman let me borrow his Stan Quattro I decided to purchase one myself only in the Trio version.

I was at the local PRO shop on 7-16-11 to buy my bow, sights, rest, arrows, stabalizer, and a release. Needless to say I dropped a chunk of change that day.

I told the PRO that I wanted a Stan Shootoff Trio. The Pro goes over and grabs the book and says it will take a few days to get the release in but it would be there by Wednesday the 20th. I told him that it would be fine go ahead and order it.

Wednesday rolls around and I call to see if my release had been dropped off and the PRO told me it was there. Turned out that I couldn't make it down to his shop before it closed. ( only open M-W-F from 6-9) I finally made it down to the shop on Friday the 22 to get the release. He had a full shop so I didn't pay much attention when he handed the release to me until I got out the door. That's when I found out he ordered the wrong Stan release.
I walk back in and tell him that I wanted the Shootoff not this SX2 model. The PRO stands there and tells me " I had to order the SX2 since you wanted the 3 finger because they don't make a Shootoff in a 3 finger " I guess this is where I screwed up because I told the PRO he was WRONG that Stan does make a Shootoff in a 3 finger. That didn't go over to well lol. I stood there and argued with the guy for 10 minutes about the issue. Needless to say he wasn't about to change his mind and he wasn't going to take the release back.

Later after I got home settled down I contacted Stan via their website and told them what had happened and that I had NOT opened the release in hopes of switching it with the one I WANTED. Now I will probably have to wait until Monday to get a reply from them and that sucks because now I won't be able to sight in the bow with my release before the BEC shoot next weekend. I hope they make it right.

Sorry about the long story but I wanted to rant a bit and now I feel batter lol.
I will keep you updated on what I find out from Stan.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
It sounds to me like the PRO doesn't know what he is talking about, and has a little bit of an ego to go with it. I would also think after giving the guy how much money that he would at least look it over and get back with you. Sounds to me that he didn't want to have to pay for his mistake. :smiley_boos:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It sounds to me like the PRO doesn't know what he is talking about, and has a little bit of an ego to go with it. I would also think after giving the guy how much money that he would at least look it over and get back with you. Sounds to me that he didn't want to have to pay for his mistake. :smiley_boos:

I don't know what the deal was. I only know that I now have a release that I didn't want. I think the other thing that got his goat was the fact I told him he was WRONG and he had a full shop of guys standing there.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That right there is why my winter is dedicated to building my own shop. I'm tired of letting ass wipes work on my bows. It must be a prereq that you need to be an arrogant SOB to work in a "pro" shop.

Adam, did you try emailing Kim Carner? Here is her info...

Kimberly Carner
Office Manager

Copper John Corporation
173 State Street
Auburn, NY 13021

kcarner@copperjohn.com

She was a big help to me and I figure she'll do what she can for you. If he can't help, I'll come up this Friday and we'll set about educating this asshole!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That right there is why my winter is dedicated to building my own shop. I'm tired of letting ass wipes work on my bows. It must be a prereq that you need to be an arrogant SOB to work in a "pro" shop.

Adam, did you try emailing Kim Carner? Here is her info...

Kimberly Carner
Office Manager

Copper John Corporation
173 State Street
Auburn, NY 13021

kcarner@copperjohn.com

She was a big help to me and I figure she'll do what she can for you. If he can't help, I'll come up this Friday and we'll set about educating this asshole!!!

I didn't contact the lady above. The only way to contact them ( Stan) that I had was via their web e-mail or a number that is able to be seen on the back of the package. ( The 315 # you posted) I e-mailed them by sight and tried to call the number but normal business hours are M-F 9-5pm. I could have left a message in the general mailbox but I didn't figure anybody would get it until Monday anyway just like my e-mail. The other option was to ring the entire building and hope somebody was there and able to help me out but again I didn't think there would be anybody with decision making power until Monday. I will e-mail your contact and see if I get anything back. Thanks for the info and offer of your services buddy. See what happens and let you know.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That sucks, Adam... sorry to hear it buddy. I'm with Jesse. I've been slowly building and accumulating my own equipment to do work on bows because #1 it's a pain in the ass driving to a bow shop, and #2 most of the bow shops are full of knuckleheads. Might I ask, why didn't you just order the release online and have it shipped to your house? Did the guy at the shop cut you a deal or something?

I'm sure they'll make it right for you. Jesse's dealings with Stan are enough to make anyone a believer in their customer service department. Good luck and I really hope it works out ok.

Thats crazy...I think most shops are lacking in cust service an knowledge..I wanted to share a pic of my buddys Shootoff he just had dipped(overkill maybe)..Its a older model that was getting some wear..I use a Hot shot Tempest 3 finger because as some of you know I won it in a contest..Otherwise I would have a stan...I feel everyone makes a good Thumb activated release anymore when your spending close to 200$..
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/JHENS87/8fdef060.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks, Adam... sorry to hear it buddy. I'm with Jesse. I've been slowly building and accumulating my own equipment to do work on bows because #1 it's a pain in the ass driving to a bow shop, and #2 most of the bow shops are full of knuckleheads. Might I ask, why didn't you just order the release online and have it shipped to your house? Did the guy at the shop cut you a deal or something?

I'm sure they'll make it right for you. Jesse's dealings with Stan are enough to make anyone a believer in their customer service department. Good luck and I really hope it works out ok.

For one thing I don't own a CC and I don't have a PayPal setup either so I have no way to do online orders. I was given a deal on the release since I had purchased everything else there at the same time and since I was there and getting everything setup I just figured it would be just as easy to have him order it and pay for everything all at the same time. The release was $25 less then I could find online other then from AT and even those where only about $10 cheaper then I got it for.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thats crazy...I think most shops are lacking in cust service an knowledge..I wanted to share a pic of my buddys Shootoff he just had dipped(overkill maybe)..Its a older model that was getting some wear..I use a Hot shot Tempest 3 finger because as some of you know I won it in a contest..Otherwise I would have a stan...I feel everyone makes a good Thumb activated release anymore when your spending close to 200$..
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/JHENS87/8fdef060.jpg

They all might make a good thumb release from other companies but I don't know how many of those other companies would stand behind their products and have great CS.
The thing that I looked at in buying the release and the Elite bow is their great feedback for CS. I hope to never need it but I feel the added little extra money for the product is well worth kick ass CS and a company that stands behind their products. CS and making things right is huge in my book.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Damn Adam that sucks. Drop a grand at an archery shop and the treat you like crap because THEY ordered the wrong release. Even admitted to ordering what you didn't order. Then refused to take it back even though its unopened.

What was the "pros" name?

What was the business name....

post it up buddy. They can make it right or take the negative PR.

They all might make a good thumb release from other companies but I don't know how many of those other companies would stand behind their products and have great CS.
The thing that I looked at in buying the release and the Elite bow is their great feedback for CS. I hope to never need it but I feel the added little extra money for the product is well worth kick ass CS and a company that stands behind their products. CS and making things right is huge in my book.

Most all them carter ,truball,hotshot etc..Stand behind there stuff 100%..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For one thing I don't own a CC and I don't have a PayPal setup either so I have no way to do online orders. I was given a deal on the release since I had purchased everything else there at the same time and since I was there and getting everything setup I just figured it would be just as easy to have him order it and pay for everything all at the same time. The release was $25 less then I could find online other then from AT and even those where only about $10 cheaper then I got it for.

That makes total sense, dude. I still can't believe the guy wouldn't take it back. That's just bullshit... Even if Stan wouldn't/couldn't take the release back (which I'm sure they will), a good bow shop owner would have just ordered you the correct release and kept the wrong one at his shop to sell to someone else... no questions asked. What ever happened to "The Customer is Always Right..."?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
RedCloud, I know it dont make it right, but I think Ron is having a little trouble on the home front.

Seen he wasn't married anymore. IMO all the more reason to work a little harder for a guy that just dropped $1180 in your shop so that he might come back and spend a little more. Do I feel bad that he is split up from his wife, You bet.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
At the shoot I will be sure to let him know why I won't be getting anything from him. My local place I liked closed up quite a while back and I was looking for another. I was going to PM you to see how you liked the place... Jerk. Looks like Newark it is.

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
e-mail sent to the general e-mail on Stan site ( Late Friday night) as well as to the one Jesse gave me (this morning). See what happens in a little while.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just got a reply from the one Jesse gave me. Now I know why the pro shop owner didn't want to fix his fug up. I'm not happy at all and will be calling Kim in a minute to discusse the issue.

e-mail reply

Adam,

Are you interested in the 3 finger medium or large sized shootoff?

We can ship this out today for you but would have to charge you the full retail price of $210.00 plus $12.45 priority mail shipping. When we received your original release back in new unopened condition, we could credit you back the $210.00.

If you are interested in this, please call me so we can get this setup and get the release shipped today.

Thanks,
Kim

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Adam, I think that is about the best deal you can ask for, other than calling the shop owner and having him front the bill for the release until they get your current release back. If it were me, I would get the shop owner on the phone about this. Set him straight and show him you aren't fuggin around.