Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No Hog Hunting For Me This Year

badger

*Supporting Member*
I'm headed to Florida with my bride instead.

We bought into a time share a few years ago and we didn't use our time last year so I'm skipping my hog hunt to do something with my bride.

We are flying down the first week of June to West Palm Beach. Going to spend a few days in Ft Meyers with family and then a week in Palm Beach.

Talked with a charter captain tonight that we fished with previously and we will be doing a trip with him. I'm also thinking of a bass trip on Okeechobee for bass.

Was curious if any of you have ever fished Okeechobe?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Badger

Spent 8 years in Cape Coral/Ft.Myers- Maybe you can get in some fishing off Sanibel-Pine Island sound. Great Tarpon, Red Fish and Snook fishing. Your lady can catch some sun on the boat...

About the only thing I miss from down there is the fishing and hog hunting.
Some of the porkers go up to 550 lbs.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Badger I know of a guy down there that has a charter boat and hunts deer and hogs around his place....I can ask him if u want me to....unless ur set with a captain

badger

*Supporting Member*
I don't feel like messing with the airlines with my bow, and not sure how it works for bringing back meat. Besides the wife asked very nicely if we could not include hunting. She's cool with a day or two of fishing and will be going along. I have the salt water trip covered for 6/11/11 but I'm still unsure about the prior weekend. My brother in law runs a big marina in Ft Meyers and will set up a free trip on the gulf, but I've always wanted to catch largemouths at Okeechobe. I'm open to any leads or links any of you want to share. That's why I posted this now, so I have time to check things out and make plans. Might end up meeting up with Beener and Willy before we get back home.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
I'm around. Just slammed at work with not much time to post. It'd be cool if we could get badger out there with us. Could be a sweet TOO day. See what TOO does? It makes peoples vacations to Florida that much more awesome.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I don't feel like messing with the airlines with my bow, and not sure how it works for bringing back meat. Besides the wife asked very nicely if we could not include hunting. She's cool with a day or two of fishing and will be going along. I have the salt water trip covered for 6/11/11 but I'm still unsure about the prior weekend. My brother in law runs a big marina in Ft Meyers and will set up a free trip on the gulf, but I've always wanted to catch largemouths at Okeechobe. I'm open to any leads or links any of you want to share. That's why I posted this now, so I have time to check things out and make plans. Might end up meeting up with Beener and Willy before we get back home.

Sounds like a nice relaxing trip!!