Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No more Bargain Cave

Big H

Medina
Well the BASS PRO Shops influence on Cabelas is starting. Apparently there will only be 2 stores with Bargain Caves nationwide. I have gotten some really good deals over the years.

Big H

Medina
Probably Dundee and hopefully Wheeling. I just know it sucks, also there seemed to be more RedHead clothing in our local Cabelas than normal. I only stop in once in a while to try and find Bargain Cave deals.... No more

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No!! Not the returned and broken junk but still overpriced "bargain" cave. I never found anything worth the sticker in there, online however I've seen a couple deals here and there in years past. Bass Pro thinks they've cornered the market and as such plan to regulate prices and deals to achieve maximum return.

Jamie

Ohio
I bought a pair of Swarovski 8x32 EL Bino's at the Bargain Cave in Dundee back in 2004 saved a bundle.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I bought two Shimano Curados a few years back, 2 for the price of one. If they were used, it wasn’t for long.....

But I’m done with em. Unsubscribed from their emails and subscribed to sportsman’s warehouse and midway....

Reactions: Jamie

Jamie

Ohio
I have a Curado. my favorite baitcaster.

I've been a very loyal Cabela's customer since I was in high school. never been a Bass Pro guy, though. I don't like where this is going any more than most of you. I use a Cabela's Visa for all of my business stuff, gasoline, etc., and have nearly $600 worth of points right now. I may have to cash out and get different card. I don't shop there much anymore, anyway. the quality of Cabela's gear has gone downhill considerably in the last 10 years.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have a Curado. my favorite baitcaster.

I've been a very loyal Cabela's customer since I was in high school. never been a Bass Pro guy, though. I don't like where this is going any more than most of you. I use a Cabela's Visa for all of my business stuff, gasoline, etc., and have nearly $600 worth of points right now. I may have to cash out and get different card. I don't shop there much anymore, anyway. the quality of Cabela's gear has gone downhill considerably in the last 10 years.

I agree, I’ve used Curados exclusively for the last 10 years.

Cabela’s as well as bass pro can EAD as far as I’m concerned.....

I won’t burn any gear I have but, I won’t buy anymore of their line of goods...

Gander, and the Fin will get my local money as well as mom and pop gun shops....

I have a Cabelas card and use it for everything. Even though Wheeling is close I mostly buy stuff online. Pretty much the only time I buy stuff is when it is on sale. I usually find stuff cheaper on Amazon or Sportsman Guide. I have looked multiple times in the Bargain Cave, but I don't think I have ever found anything in there worth purchasing.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I bought my Spotting Scope in the bargain cave. Saved a bunch of money. But...I watch closely before I buy anything there. Not quite what it used to be.

BCamp

Dayton
I've gotten lucky number times in the bargain cave on new but discontinued items, most recently hundreds off of a very nice back packing tent for hunting trips. Other than the bargain cave I rarely spend any money there.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I've always enjoyed shopping in the bargain bin area when first walking in a store. Lots of good deals on camping, auto and ATV items thru out the years.

The Fin has also been my go to for guns and archery but I enjoy going to the Dundee store. Feels good to be surrounded by so much gear lol and the boys enjoy the trip.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Geesh. I loved the Bargain Cave. Always found deals in there. It was the one place I ALWAYS went to when I go to a store.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Of all the Cabelas and Bass Pro I have wondered through while traveling for work, I have not once made a purchase for myself while in a store.

That said, it has always been tempting and fun to look and hem and haw in the bargain caves.