Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No Till Food Plots - So Easy

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Finally had a chance to watch this on the big screen. I enjoy this type of hunting content more than the hunts themselves anymore. Winke and his daughter posted a similar (forward looking) video this week walking through her quest to kill a 5.5 year old buck this year. When you add in all the habitat work and the strategy behind it, it elevates the story to a new level. If it worked once, it'll work again for sure!

Reactions: Big_Holla

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Finally had a chance to watch this on the big screen. I enjoy this type of hunting content more than the hunts themselves anymore. Winke and his daughter posted a similar (forward looking) video this week walking through her quest to kill a 5.5 year old buck this year. When you add in all the habitat work and the strategy behind it, it elevates the story to a new level. If it worked once, it'll work again for sure!
Thanks man!! I don’t do a lot of hunting content just due to there being a lot out there already. But on occasion I do like to highlight a few little things that have worked for us over years. I appreciate the nice feedback!!

I love everything Bill Winke puts out - he is the best in my eyes.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_8636.jpeg
IMG_8640.jpeg
Update on the Vitalize Tomato patch. We never stop testing!!

100 plants (give or take)
NITROBOOST AND CARBON LOAD - seeded between rows
No synthetic inputs
VITALIZE Micros added last winter
Vitalize Fish+Humics sprayed every 10-14 days
Mow, seed, mow seed - inter crop rows

Absolutely tickled with results. The legumes are fixing N. The radish and sorghum are mining nutrients and all of them are working to simulate biology in the soil.

Imagine if this was a deer plot - it would absolutely be highly attractive!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_8649.jpeg
IMG_8651.jpeg
IMG_8650.jpeg
I did a test on our Carbon Load mix in pure play sand I got from The Home Depot. This wasn’t regularly irrigated but we did catch a few timely rains.

Over a few weeks - this was the results. As you can see the plants have a desire to succeed and find nutrients - even in almost 0 organic matter. These plants roots and photosynthetic engine allows for the plants survive in the harshest of conditions.

I am certain had I foliar fed this - the results would have further been stellar. Not to mention that in a true light soil environment the organic matter, microbial biomass, and pure area for roots to find water - deep down- is far greater than a blank pot full of play sand.

Let biology work for you!!