Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nothing about Nothing

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I get it, and I'm sorry that you are misconstruing my intentions. And I am at this point well aware that unpopular opinions are dealt with by the group in their own version of groupthink censorship.

I don't think I misconstrued anything ,i'm just calling Bullshit. I think you found it personally offensive and got your undies in a twist. I find it laughable that you used the old "Think of the kids" cry as justification. You claimed that you would be hesitant to steer kids to the site, or that kids may see it and be turned off. Yet there was no mention of the persistent use of cuss words, other tasteless adult memes such as sister fucking, an entire thread of half naked chicks with fish, or another thread with half naked chicks with guns, this entire thread being labeled Not Safe For Work or any of the other content that is in no way kid appropriate. Yet somehow, somehow, that is all okay, but a racially insensitive meme pops up and holy fuck, stop the press this shit is bad for kids and I question if I can direct kids here as an outdoor resource. Come on buddy blow that smoke up someone else ass.

By the way "groupthink" requires the outcome of decisions to be irrational or dysfunctional, usually leading to harm. Neither is the case as the flow of this forum has existed quite successfully for almost a decade. What your experiencing is the outcome of voicing unpopular opinion. Which if someone is going to voice, they should also be prepared for the response. Me, shit, I just like to argue, but we've drug this out enough I'll let it go now.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I don't think I misconstrued anything ,i'm just calling Bullshit. I think you found it personally offensive and got your undies in a twist. I find it laughable that you used the old "Think of the kids" cry as justification. You claimed that you would be hesitant to steer kids to the site, or that kids may see it and be turned off. Yet there was no mention of the persistent use of cuss words, other tasteless adult memes such as sister fucking, an entire thread of half naked chicks with fish, or another thread with half naked chicks with guns, this entire thread being labeled Not Safe For Work or any of the other content that is in no way kid appropriate. Yet somehow, somehow, that is all okay, but a racially insensitive meme pops up and holy fuck, stop the press this shit is bad for kids and I question if I can direct kids here as an outdoor resource. Come on buddy blow that smoke up someone else ass.

By the way "groupthink" requires the outcome of decisions to be irrational or dysfunctional, usually leading to harm. Neither is the case as the flow of this forum has existed quite successfully for almost a decade. What your experiencing is the outcome of voicing unpopular opinion. Which if someone is going to voice, they should also be prepared for the response. Me, shit, I just like to argue, but we've drug this out enough I'll let it go now.
Don’t mess with the half naked chicks!! 😂 as long as they have fish or guns, it outdoor related!

Reactions: triple_duece

Matt

Norton, OH

All valid points, and I will let you have the last word for sake of ending the argument. I'll say no more to defend my position, as I believe I've said everything I could possibly say.