Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Odd Nesting Site

badger

*Supporting Member*
If I were this robin, I think I could have found a safer nesting site. I doubt if this nest is more than three feet off the ground. I'll be keeping the old Crossman ready for the neighbors cats.

:smiley_cowboy:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had to knock a nest off one of our shutters last year and they did it again this year. How many do I have to kill before they get the point?!?

Huckleberry Finn

We had a pair building nests in the braces for our porch swing (under a deck on a patio). Tore them down for weeks before Dad finally put a block up there lol

I had a Robin make a nest on top of the overhead door spring in the shed this year

First time I opened the door , the nest got trashed

Darn Robin tryed 3 more times , with the same results
Got tired of cleaning up the crap
So I solved the problem .........permitly

John

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ive already destroyed 3, they keep building them in my trucks wheel wells.

Had the same thing on one of my trucks. Every morning for a couple weeks it kept building a nest on top of the drivers front tire of the parking lot sweeper truck. I think probably because it was warm from working all night the bird kept trying to build it there. Weird. Felt bad because everyday the truck would pull out and bye bye nest. lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We have a cardinal that EVERY FUGGIN YEAR attacks his reflection in a few of our windows! I mean he goes at it ALL freakin day long till he gets tired,THEN the little dumb retard will perch his ASS on a nearby tree to get a rest, then go right back at it. He mostly starts early in the morning around 7ish. One time I caught him pecking the side mirrors of my truck. He would go from one side to the next. I caught him in the process and videoed him for a couple of minutes. I went out afterwards and he had peck marks all over both mirrors and shit all over both doors. We tried everything but killing him as he is the state bird and is protected. He eventually leaves BUT he'll be back!

tuffshot

The Crew
A few years ago the wife hung a basket on the front door with fake flowers in it. We do not use the front door much, next thing we know a wren built a nest in it. got to watch the whole time as she sat on the nest and hatched the babies. She fed them and cared for them until they flew away on their own.

Last year I had some hanging baskets out front with the coconut fiber liners. Watched as the birds would come and steal the fibers from the baskets to build their nests. Found the nests when they fell out of the trees in the fall.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
We have a cardinal that EVERY FUGGIN YEAR attacks his reflection in a few of our windows! I mean he goes at it ALL freakin day long till he gets tired,THEN the little dumb retard will perch his ASS on a nearby tree to get a rest, then go right back at it. He mostly starts early in the morning around 7ish. One time I caught him pecking the side mirrors of my truck. He would go from one side to the next. I caught him in the process and videoed him for a couple of minutes. I went out afterwards and he had peck marks all over both mirrors and shit all over both doors. We tried everything but killing him as he is the state bird and is protected. He eventually leaves BUT he'll be back!

A neighbor of mine had the same issue with a bird, not sure what kind of bird it was, but she put walmart bags over her mirrors while it was parked.