Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official 2010-2011 Countdown Thread

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Finally, less than 10 days to go. Got the first weather.com forecast for Saturday the 25th,

Sat. Sep 25
AM Clouds / PM Sun 78°/51° 20 %

We will see how much this changes over the next ten days, but I can live with those temps.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Finally, less than 10 days to go. Got the first weather.com forecast for Saturday the 25th,

Sat. Sep 25
AM Clouds / PM Sun 78°/51° 20 %

We will see how much this changes over the next ten days, but I can live with those temps.

Day Night

Partly Cloudy High
73°F

Precip
20%

Wind: From SW at 12 mph
Humidity: 70%
UV Index: 5 Moderate

Sunrise: 7:22 AM ET
Avg. High: 71°F
Record High: 90°F (1959)

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low
53°F

Precip
20%

Wind: From WSW at 5 mph
Humidity: 80%

Sunset: 7:24 PM ET
Avg. Low: 48°F
Record Low: 30°F (1942)

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Dang Flutieflakes up at 3:20am 10 days before checkin the weather! That's some dedication!

Forecast for SW ohio shows 60%rain on Friday, 20% Sat low 59deg high 78 deg....quiet walkin with things being wet down

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang.. Sounds like i gotta get my bow put back together and all my crap rounded up...

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I need to get my gear rounded up and my clothes washed this weekend!!
Its not looking good for me to get out opening day, it will be the first one I've missed in over a decade.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got the clothes done but really should make sure the broadheads are flying true. Everything else is 99% ready. Need to make Greg's adjustments to the LW stick/Millenium combo yet. Have the extra versa buttons and such just haven't mounted them yet. Shoudn't take too long.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Broadheads are flying true for me. Now have to round up the gear and wash the cloths. Probably will switch my stuff from by backpack to the fanny-pack for the warmer weather in early season.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dang Flutieflakes up at 3:20am 10 days before checkin the weather! That's some dedication!

Yup, it'd dedication alright...dedication to work...lol

I've gotta wash clothes this weekend and do some scouting for next weekend. Also gotta mess with the new camera some and get it figured out. I shot some Montec heads yesterday, and think I will probably go with them this year. They were flying great.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Forecast for SW ohio shows 60%rain on Friday, 20% Sat low 59deg high 78 deg....quiet walkin with things being wet down

What a difference a day makes on Weather.com's 10 day forecast...now the forecast is only 10% on Friday, 0% Sat low 50 deg high 74 deg

Can't really trust 'em more than 3 days out...and then it's iffy....dang

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Fri
Sep 24

Isolated T-Storms

71°
51°

30%

71°F

Sat
Sep 25

Mostly Cloudy

68°
45°

10%

68°F

looking better..time will tell i guess. If those temps hold out something is hitting the ground lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
More interesting to me than the temps (I kinda expect warm on the opener) is the winds. North winds coming on the opening weekend? Might mix up the entry routes and stand locations to start the season. Never a bad deal to try something different to start out. It just means I will be hunting a stand that puts me closer to the action. Might be just what I needed!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, my week off is looking better and better. I like seeing mornings in the 40's for the first week of bow season!

Sat
Sep 25
Partly Cloudy 73°/46° 20 %

Sun
Sep 26
Partly Cloudy 73°/49° 10 %

Mon
Sep 27
Few Showers 75°/46° 30 %

Tue
Sep 28
Showers 74°/46° 40 %

Wed
Sep 29
Sunny 74°/48° 0 %

Thu
Sep 30
Partly Cloudy 75°/45° 10 %

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

I feel like that little kid on the disneyworld commercial who says "I'm too excited to sleep!"

bow lady

NW Ohio
I'd like to say I am ready but I am not. I don't think I will even go out this weekend. My stand is up and lanes cleared out to the runs I know about but work will probably come first. I have been struggling since my breakup with my boyfriend to build my business back up. It is finally starting to go, so I need to focus on that. If I get a few hours to hunt next week I will be happy, my bills are getting paid!!!