Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official MLB Playoff Thread

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Congrats to the Rangers and as much as it hurts me, congrats to Roy "Doc" Halladay for his gem of a performance last night. I hate the Yankees, so fuck them. (That is a whole different discussion right there!) As a fan of what Bobby Cox has been to baseball, as well as Chipper Jones and Billy Wagner, I'll be supporting the Braves this evening. I also hate the Giants for their role in the whole Barry Bonds bullshit. (Again, another story!)

The Reds just know how to wring my heart out. I guess there appearance in the playoffs it like my comeback to Bloody Nock when he gives me shit about the Buckeyes losing to Florida and LSU in the title game; sure did and it was embarassing, but it was nice to be there. (He's a WVU fan, so ask him how many national titles they've won, much less played for in his time on earth! ;) ) As a Reds fan, at least it was us and not the Cards. The Cards have my respect, but get the fugg outta the way and let someone else win one! The Reds will lose again tonight, but win Game 3 at home. I hope...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Ill be ok if the reds lose tonight cause at least we got here. But if they go out like last night......i will be pretty dissapointed. Can't bust a guys balls for throwing a no.no. but damn, give us a break.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
In all seriousness, I'm pulling for the Reds and the Twins. Ron Gardenhire looks like a beer league softball guy that would be a blast to play for.
I can't root for the Braves because of the 1992 NLCS when they nipped my Bucs.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Old Gardenhire has had a few beers in his day, you can see that!!! I do like the Twins and they have my full support. I'd like to see the Rangers win it all though. I am a Nolan Ryan fan from way back and I love the story of Josh Hamilton. Cliff Lee is also and old fav...

rrr

I'll be rooting for my Yankees all the way to the World Series.

For the time being, I'd love to see the Reds knock the Phillies out. I'm surrounded by idiot Phillies fans!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
is josh hamilton the guy who won the homerun derby the one yr. hooked on drugs really bad then got clean, came back and kicked ass in the majors...Like 2-3 yrs ago?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
is josh hamilton the guy who won the homerun derby the one yr. hooked on drugs really bad then got clean, came back and kicked ass in the majors...Like 2-3 yrs ago?

Yeah, he was messed up for awhile. He's got his stuff straight now. There is a good article about him in the latest Sporting News.
He was originally in the Rays system before the Reds and Rangers, I believe. Imagine what that outfield could've been in Tampa with Hamilton, Crawford, and Baldelli.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'd like to see the Rangers go all the way, too. Josh Hamilton is a fuggin straight up player... and Cliff Lee, don't even get me started... he's nasssssssty. Just another reason for me to be forever pissed off at the Indians, even though they're my favorite team. The playoffs should be pretty dang good this year I think. Oh and one more thing... fuck the Skankees.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I would like to see actual numbers of the Indians players that have went to the playoffs after they left cleveland...

Clevelands problem is they let good people go, in the office and the players. Its rediculous.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Yeeeeeaaaaa... that's just disgusting. You watch dude, Shin Soo Choo will be gone before too long just like the rest. Those wingwangs up in Cleveland make me want to punch myself in the face. If Sizemore didn't get hurt he probably would have already been gone. FWIW, I think Brantley is a better center fielder anyway though.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I think if I watched a whole long bullshit baseball game I would have to kick my own ass.
Playoffs are o.k. but geesh, do you really need to play 9 innings? Too long to keep my attention, when things shake out I'll watch a little, just not my thing.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'll be the first to admit that unless I'm at the ballpark, I ain't watching 9 innings until the playoffs. I love the game and it was my first passion (still is), but I have too short an attention span to watch 9. At 28, I hate playing 9!!! Our tournament game seemed like an eternity compared to our regular 7 inning games...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Im the same way dude, I cant watch the whole game unless I am there. It goes faster for some reason.

Youre right jim I think choo will be the next one to go for sure. It just makes sense, he gets good, cleveland wont lay out any cash for him and hes gone. Typical cleveland way. Always want something for nothing.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I actually enjoy watching all nine innings of a game on TV... of course being at the ballpark is much better, but I'm fine with TV. Being a pitcher might have something to do with that, though. I just love seeing those close 1-0 ball games. This years seems to be the year of the no-no so I'm loving it.

rrr

"Come October, flip the switch" -Nick Swisher in re: questions about the Yankees before the playoffs started.

2-0 :)

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Swisher can kiss my ass!

I played against him in legion and see him around town from time to time. He's a God send over here. They either love him or hate him. He was without a doubt the best player I ever played against, but no one saw Big 10 Freshman of the Year at OSU and New York Yankee All-Star and World Series Champion. To this day, he hit one of the longest homeruns I have ever seen. Solid 450' shot...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Swisher can kiss my ass!

I played against him in legion and see him around town from time to time. He's a God send over here. They either love him or hate him. He was without a doubt the best player I ever played against, but no one saw Big 10 Freshman of the Year at OSU and New York Yankee All-Star and World Series Champion. To this day, he hit one of the longest homeruns I have ever seen. Solid 450' shot...

Yeah he played with a buddy of mine at OSU, watched quite a few games down there, great player for sure!