Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hit a local lake yesterday afternoon, it's a 10 minute drive too it and wanted to get some boat therapy due to it being 70 degrees and after seeing the pending forecast for the next few days....

With all the rain we've had the last couple of weeks my fishing has suffered and time to make up for it lol...

Arrived around 1:00 and had the lake too myself, not a boat on it.... Backed down and the motor fired up like I'd just shut it off (first time being run since October) and after a minute or so of burning off fogging oil I backed it off the trailer and tied up too the courtesy dock and parked the truck... All is well in the world walking too the boat, turkey hunting in the morning, bass fishing in the afternoon.....

Fished for 3 hours and the water was the color of chocolate milk with almost zero visibility, managed 2 fish in 3 hours and if you'd of lined them up together I doubt they'd make 12" lol....

Not the results fish wise I'd hoped for but getting out, enjoying the lake all by myself is a win in any book...

Nice sunny day and actually put on sun screen for the first time this year lol.... Water temps were 61 degrees so fish ought to be heating up here shortly....

IMG_9466.jpg
It was huge I tell ya!!!' Huge.... lol

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Look at the size of that thumb! Haha. My nerves always get the best of me every year I take the boat out for the first trip. I run a 1956 Lonestar 16' aluminum boat with a 1955 10 hp Johnson. I think this year it took 3 pulls the fire it up.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member

Got these at Indian Lake today. NE wind and fog had it rocking this morning. Managed 10 keeper yes but had an escapee when the spring on the basket broke. Kept 5 cats for the smoker. Caught around 25 cats and 23 saugeye

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice haul! We are heading to Paint Creek in a few I'm not a huge fan of the lake but it's only 3 miles to the ramp.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yes, Joe, it's actually a pretty good fishing hole. I just don't like all the floating logs. We fished about an hour and a half. We were actually looking for channels and found em. We kept 8 of eating size, nothing over 3 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 132

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yes, Joe, it's actually a pretty good fishing hole. I just don't like all the floating logs. We fished about an hour and a half. We were actually looking for channels and found em. We kept 8 of eating size, nothing over 3 lbs.
Sweet. I'm about due for a night of catishing.. kicked up in a comfy chair with the coleman and a cold one.