Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's the first thing we said. Waters too clear. Lol

Works in your head too. Normally you're casting and anticipating hits. Today it was cast and watch.

That's where you need to focus on the water way ahead, making long casts and trying not making a big splash, as well as advancing slowly! Once you see the fish, they see you and it's game over, especially with the big ones!

I've fished the shallow stuff at AEP so much the last few years, that I have completely revamped my tackle box for shallow water assault. Put me in deep water now, and I wouldn't know what to do!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This is the first time I've been to this thread and I must say we have some pretty good fisherman out there! Nice catches y'all! I need to find the time to wet my line and post a few pics of our catch. I'm almost done getting the work caught up around the house so I need to make an effort to get my girls out.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had about an hour to skip out of the shop and run Mason over to the neighbor's pond. They have been on fire over there the last few days. We usually fly fish over there, but Bill (landowner) called me to tell me he caught 26 largemouth in a bit over an hour on Wednesday. So, Mason and I grabbed a couple rods, and a box full of rubber worms and headed over last night. Most of the fish we caught were a pound and 1/2 or so. I got 11, and I think Mason got 6, all on Texas rigged worms with no weight added. Though all the fish we caught were small, there was a couple of pigs working the shallows too. I hooked up with one, but broke off. I should have known it would happen, I'd caught about 5 or 6 of the little ones without re-tying...and it crossed my mind I should, which is always a sure sign that the next hook set will prove you right!

Attachments

• Fairfield-20120517-00021.jpg
    Fairfield-20120517-00021.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG-20120517-00022.jpg
    IMG-20120517-00022.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 219

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Way to be fellas! I made a short trip to the strip mines Thursday to fish one of my favorite ponds. Loaded up the Kayak and dragged it 3/4 of a mile back to this pond, and it was full of algae. Caught three bass, the biggest being around 2lbs, and decided to call it a day.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Couple from Memorial Day. Took the kids & our neighbor out then we had a fish fry for dinner. It was a good day.