Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Oh the pain!!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Sorry to hear Sgt. The PT from my fall started at about the middle of rotator cuff recovery. The beginning stages of that PT looked brutal.
I’ve had many kidney stones. If you have never experienced that pain you wouldn’t understand.
Good luck!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Had the stitches removed yesterday. They had three small incisions and one big one....the big one they used a ribbed type of tape that acted as sutures....first time I’ve had that done. The doctor said it’s only been around for about a year and a half. It’s supposed to have less chance of infection because of the stitches not going into the wound and also less of a scar. Good news is that the itching has stopped, and I get to take the sling off for good January 29th. Physical therapy starts February 10th. I’m surprised they wait so long...usually they get you on therapy within a week of the surgery. All in all, it’s coming along nicely.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Removed the arm sling today. Didn’t realize how much it immobilized my arm...now that it’s off, simple movements will trigger pain. I lost a lot of my range of motion. I guess PT will help get that back but for now I’m very mindful of what I’m doing with my right arm.
I can relate, broke a wrist years ago. 6 weeks immobilized and when they cut the cast off and that first minute of not being supported hurt worse then when I broke it....
You’ll be good to go in no time, George...

Reactions: Sgt Fury

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I had surgery yesterday on my right shoulder. The doctor told my wife after the surgery that everything went well and that the bicep was 85% torn from the bone. Been like that since June 3rd...these workmens Comp doctors really drag their feet. Haven’t had a decent nights sleep since it happened. Now I’m on pain meds and a ice water circulation contraption. 3-5 weeks in a sling then I’m guessing physical therapy. Doc said around 5-6 months recovery....there goes my turkey season....and what was left of my NJ deer season. Hopefully I’ll get some crabbing/clamming in this summer...along with my garage/man cave project. *Side note:you ain’t lived until you wipe your ass with your non dominant hand!😂....come on...I know there’s someone out there who’s gonna try!😂🙈
Been there done that. Took 13 months of workers comp crap to fix my dominant shoulder a few years ago. Laibrum, bicep muscle, and full thickness rotator cuff repair and removed 3mm of my clavicle bone. Took almost a year to get everything back to normal.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Screenshot_20200130-203915_Google.jpg
Get you an over the door pulley to do some passive stretching. That will help get your range and keep you from getting "frozen shoulder"

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
One day at a time, I am 31 weeks out from my shoulder surgery, feels pretty good most days. I was shoveling mud and spreading gravel last week, now that night I really felt it.

The surgeon who is a good friend of mine says it will take about a full year to heal all the way.