Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio State Buckeyes 2023

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I read this and had two thoughts: wow, I can't imagine the pressure this kid has felt. And second thought: dang this sucks for him. He is doing the walk of shame and will carry this the rest of his life. Forever remembered as the SD and Greg Bellisari.

But maybe Kyle plans on being the next Quinn Ewers or Joe Burrow?

Creamer

Athens
I figured this was soon to happen, especially when I saw a few days ago that OSU was hot on the trail of the Washington St transfer QB. He's much more of a dual threat guy than McCord. I've heard good things about the recruit they have coming in, Air Noland, but he's going to be a true freshman. I'd expect a transfer to bridge the gap to Noland, if he ends up being the guy.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
But maybe Kyle plans on being the next Quinn Ewers or Joe Burrow?
He'd be pretty optimistic to think that. From our standpoint, we have a big enough body of work to know that's highly unlikely. With Joe and Ewers, we didn't get to see much before they bailed. We all have to believe in ourselves, but a little realism goes a long way toward not embarrassing yourself. No matter where he goes, it's a step-down and he has 1% chance of competing for a NC. If he wins a NC somewhere, I'll dig this thread up and post a pic of me wearing his new team's jersey!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Fair enough. It's all good though. I will have completely forgotten you said it by then.

And to be honest: I don't think that is what was going thru his head. As a fan it would suck donkey balls if that is how it turns out.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Buddy of mine is a GM at the Fort Wayne Airport, Day just landed to recruit.

1000013325.jpg

Reactions: Gern186

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
OSU fans are rough on a coaches and QBs reputations. His NIL value is practically nothing outside Ohio, and minimal inside Ohio after this season. His entry to the portal likely has nothing to do with football, and everything to do with wanting a new shot to build a reputation and NIL value somewhere else. Chasing those dollars.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
OSU fans are rough on a coaches and QBs reputations. His NIL value is practically nothing outside Ohio, and minimal inside Ohio after this season. His entry to the portal likely has nothing to do with football, and everything to do with wanting a new shot to build a reputation and NIL value somewhere else. Chasing those dollars.
Aside from NIL, I cannot imagine the pressure on an OSU QB. Fans are savage.

Reactions: Hedgelj

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You mean like in 2006 when Mike Schula went 2-6 in conf and took his 5th straight loss to Auburn and got shitcanned. 😅
Yeah, Bama fans aren’t critical and just sit idly by not demanding better coaching or performance otherwise why didn’t stick with Mike Shula. Lmao
What Saban did this year was impressive with his QB but his had very good running skills and had the ability to take it to the house or at least advance the sticks.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Aside from NIL, I cannot imagine the pressure on an OSU QB. Fans are savage.
All QB’s are under a lot of pressure as are the coaches. If these kids don’t want the pressure then I’d suggest going to schools that are mediocre or not in the running for nattys.
Like I said earlier, wish him the best and I hope he joins a team that has a coach who can or wants to groom him to be the best he can be. Day wasn’t that guy.

Creamer

Athens
In all seriousness, not sure if @Jackalope will agree with me or not, but I think this was Saban's best coaching job of his Alabama tenure. After that Texas game, and the struggles after that when they cycled through a few different QB's, I thought they were toast. Milroe has progressed really nicely and I think Alabama is just about as dangerous as anyone in this playoff.

I love this playoff. In my opinion, it's wide open. A case can be easily made for any of the 4 teams to win it. I can't wait.

Reactions: finelyshedded