Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ok guys go again.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Can use this one for all types of hunting not just deer.
Screenshot_20230207_124922_Instagram.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I used to feel the same way. You will age at some point. Your shoulders might give out, maybe your back. Quite likely your eyes. Possibly all 3 at the same time. Ethically, it was the right choice for me.
Now the typical 20 year olds that are using them, Not cool.
100% agree. I desire parameters, not a ban.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I used to feel the same way. You will age at some point. Your shoulders might give out, maybe your back. Quite likely your eyes. Possibly all 3 at the same time. Ethically, it was the right choice for me.
Now the typical 20 year olds that are using them, Not cool.
I gotta agree with you... As you get older they keep you afield... I'm still lucky that I can shoot the compound with little effort... I feel they should make crossbows legal for people 65 and up or a doctor's note... You gotta love when a guy has never shot a bow before and goes into Walmart and buys a crossbow and becomes an "archery hunter".... And I occasionally use a crossbow.... But I've killed deer with a recurve and compound...

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah must be nice to be healthy. How about using a muzzle loader that shoots smokeless powder with a scope. Or a rifle instead of a shotgun during gun season. But hey crossbow hunters have an advantage. Suck me!