Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Old school pics

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I stole this from another media outlet. Think back to when you were new to hunting. Back when anything you saw got you excited. Just bare roots hunting. Post a pic from that era. This should bring back some great memories.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
1986 WV. I was almost 19. Hunting the edge of a field on the ground. This buck was cruising for does. Shot him on the move from 4 yards.
EEDCFD25-5D6B-4250-9472-156E8946E06B.jpeg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Here's a pic from 1982... Damn who blinked, where have the years gone... Some of you were not even around then... Deer was shot Oct. 19th. 1982... Several things make it stick out in my mind... First being I was hunting out of my Baker about 20 ft up with no safety belt on ( unheard of then ) deer came around back of tree so I kinda leaned out around tree and made the shot... Second of all I was entered in a contest at a sport shot call " Butts and Bows ( I'm sure Sgt. Fury has heard of that shop ) anyway out of over a thousand entrants I came in 3rd. place (weight wise)And won a black bear trip to Canada at a place called Phil Copps...
IMG_20200823_094457.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Here's another of me and my Dad... I believe it's either 82 or 83... Got him into turkey hunting late in life, but boy he should liked it... I think this is the first bird he shot... In the couple years he was around to enjoy it, we made some great memories...
IMG_20200823_094532.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
my first deer. only one I ever killed with a wheelie bow. only one I ever killed with an aluminum arrow, too. arrow was still loaded with a two blade Zwickey Delta, though. ;) took me a lot of effort and time to get it sharp enough to hunt with, lol. October 19, 1984 didn't even have a drivers license yet.
IMG_3104.jpg

November 3, 1993. I was a single parent then and didn't really have much time to hunt.
IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg