Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Old school pics

Bigcountry40

13 years old 1997, I wasnt a cowboys fan the pull starter pull over was garage sale steal for like 5 dollars, I could put my so many lure boxes in that thing. Caught this at huron pier, my dad would drop me off right before dark and come back at 11
He about shit when I had three of those slobs. That was my first walleye
Resized952020082395194202.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I was going through some boxes and found pictures from when I worked as a hunting guide in Idaho in 1986 at the Triple T Ranch. It was an incredible experience. I really enjoyed setting up the camps and riding horses in the Rockies. But when it came to guiding I didn’t like taking strangers hunting, most were twice my age. It didn’t help I was new to the whole deal and a little intimidated. I did have success getting animals for my hunters but nothing was anything to brag about. One did shoot a fawn standing beside a really good buck. He wanted me to carry his gun for him because he didn’t feel safe carrying it himself.
Here are pics of the “lodge”. 10 bedrooms. Generator power. 2 miles from a dirt road. We got mail and supplies once a week by airplane. The closest town was 32 miles, population 320.
0B77A7CB-AA47-4682-9D1B-763E2CD60725.jpeg
2305352D-B36C-48C2-9CF5-0C51E71D8817.jpeg

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
What a cool thread!

I hardly have any from the good old days within my collection, however the next time I get with family, I'll try to acquire as many as I can find.

Below is my grandfather in front of his Caughdenoy, NY home/bait-shop right along the river next to the dam where he caught a Northern Pike back in 1955. My father was born in that home. Then there is me at the age of 13 in 1979 with two large Bernhards Bay, NY (Oneida Lake) Walleye caught from end of our boat dock just before a thunderstorm hit with a split back J-12 Silver/Black Rapala Lure and medium action 6 -1/2' American Eagle Claw fishing rod with a Mitchell open face reel and some light line. I caught them back to back in a matter of minutes. Enough for a good meal for that night.

20200823_130112.jpg