Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Old Steelhead Pics

badger

*Supporting Member*
Was sitting around drinking beer and looking through old pics when I came across these.

These are all at Conneaut and that's me in about half of them.

Thought Dude & some of you might like to see them.

First one is me back when I had hair.

My buddy George Holliday

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Awesome photo's Dale. Yup I know Conneaut Creek pretty good but I hit the Ashtabula river pretty hard. I fish like 4 minutes from my house.

Looks like you were hitting the deeper areas, was it by "The Dump"?

Thanks for sharing. :smiley_coolpeace:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Jeff, a few of those pics are right at the trestle before the creek makes the bend towards the lake.

Yea I picked up on the trestle photo. Once in a while a buddy and I troll the river in that area. 99.9% of the time I am fly fishing up stream.

Ooooh, I would not want to run into your buddies in a dark alley that ya fish with, lol. Just kidding.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I will be home Monday or Tuesday for 5 or 6 days. I will check it out guys and let ya know if they are hitting. :smiley_clap:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
My hot spot should be open but I wont swear to it yet. I have been down at the rig for over a month. This spot has some good moving water and it's not deep. I will check and advise.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I got a call into one of my buddies that fish this same spot. Besides I will have to blind fold you and Matt, spin you around 10 times before we get there, lol.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Well Boys, here is the deal..................River is screaming and muddy, not jammed up with any ice. My buddy tells me by early next week it should be good to go depending of course on the weather. When the river is screaming like this it usually brings dem Steel Heads up. :smiley_clap:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Forgot to tell ya Dude, I went to "the area" the 2 days I was hometo check it out an "marked" a tree for ya.
Ice was 1/3 open then. should be 2/3 open by now...
Good luck guys.