Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Online Grocery Shopping

What do you think about online grocery shopping?

• Total voters
Very well said, boys! very well said!!

It ain't even a store anymore as they store nothing. If that truck don't roll up the building is empty in a day or two. everything comes in a container ship and most folks under 30 don't have the skills to make anything anymore...especially change!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What's a grocery store? I don't cook. I don't grocery shop. My wife does mention stopping at Aldi's. I thought that was her boyfriend. She mentioned a Kroger pickup too. Not sure what that means but I think it is the thing you all are talking about. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: GoetsTalon and Mike

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
This post is worthless without pictures!!!!! Just sayin…. 😂
99739E4E-783F-43B4-B445-2400E2E368EC.jpeg
B3C1CF6E-1F3B-4ACC-9633-31CA8E54E187.jpeg
7E5E3C45-2A64-42A5-BD5C-D66A47B84131.jpeg

Buckmaster

Portage
What is a Kroger? 😉 We have IGA and Giant Eagle here. I’m surprised my wife hasn’t tried online grocery shopping yet. She did buy a case of potato chips on Amazon once. Online grocery shopping is not for me. I have not even considered it. From a man that lives in the woods..... I like to cruise the isles scoping out hot wives, picking out my own meat, and squeezing my own melons and tomatoes. My simple life pleasure.

Reactions: Jamie and giles

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I thought the grocery store was the best place to find a partner? Better than a bar. See that girl crying with 2 tubs of ice cream and a bag of marshmallows? Offer to buy her a chocolate bar and some popcorn. 🤣
Same goes for the air pump at a gas station, see a chick putting air in her tires…… she’s single , or what she’s got at home ain’t worth a shit.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Same goes for the air pump at a gas station, see a chick putting air in her tires…… she’s single , or what she’s got at home ain’t worth a shit.

Hey now. Some women are hard-headed and don't believe that a cold morning reduces air density and thus pressure causing the pos light to come on. I aint dragging out the hose or portable compressor because it's cold and you have a case of the worries, you'll be fine by lunch. If she insists on stopping and putting 2 lbs of air in a damn tire then that's on her. 😅.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
It's all we use for our groceries since it became available during COVID. I despise grocery shopping and my wife loves to shop in general, but does not like to grocery shop.

I was concerned about damaged goods, bad produce, substitutions, etc. The only 2 things we have run into is the logic used for substitutions can be hilarious sometime, as the advantage goes to the consumer (i.e. larger qtys, or more through smaller packages vs. the bulk that was ordered), and the 2nd is out of stocks. Priority goes to in store shelf stock over online orders. Ran into bagels being out of stock last week lol.

My wife does it through Kroger if it's a big list. Costco stuff is ordered online as well. The only problem we have encountered with the Kroger click list, substitutions for "out of stock" items. We've had items substituted and then I've physically gone in the store and found plenty of it. Not a huge deal, but can be aggravating if it was something planned for dinner.
This ^^ We have done it often since the first onset of Covid lockdowns. The biggest hassle is when they sub something with a much more expensive item or when they say they are out of something. Ketchup comes to mind, ordered a big bottle one time as we were completely out and was told it was out of stock. I'm sitting there like WTF there is no way, went in and I'll be darned there was an aisle full and the exact bottle I had ordered. Last summer it was always TP being out of but yet you could walk in after picking up your order and find it. The last several months though we have rarely used it just because of the hassle now and then because it's always the one item you really did need in that order.

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This ^^ We have done it often since the first onset of Covid lockdowns. The biggest hassle is when they sub something with a much more expensive item or when they say they are out of something. Ketchup comes to mind, ordered a big bottle one time as we were completely out and was told it was out of stock. I'm sitting there like WTF there is no way, went in and I'll be darned there was an aisle full and the exact bottle I had ordered. Last summer it was always TP being out of but yet you could walk in after picking up your order and find it. The last several months though we have rarely used it just because of the hassle now and then because it's always the one item you really did need in that order.

We've had this problem a couple of times with certain items. The pickers are only allowed to pull items from the specific location indicated on their scanner. So even if there is a pallet of it at the end of the isle or an end cap if the shelf is empty they'll either mark it out of stock or upgrade it. Sometimes I think it's just laziness. Since they've gone to mid-day stocking I wonder if it's not that the item was out when they pulled the order but restocked after. Either way, the hassle of an item being out of stock far outweighs walking around a store for two hours collecting groceries. Even if I have to run in to get something it's 1-2 things, not 100.

It is very nice to be able to just click on items you need and add them as you think of things throughout your day or week. I hate shopping and wandering aimlessly looking for something to eventually find out I walked past it a few times. Guess that could be what the pickers are doing as well LOL!

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
It is very nice to be able to just click on items you need and add them as you think of things throughout your day or week. I hate shopping and wandering aimlessly looking for something to eventually find out I walked past it a few times. Guess that could be what the pickers are doing as well LOL!
Very convenient to add throughout the week before completing the order. We used to use the old magnetic paper list on the fridge, but then we had to have separate lists for the bulk stores, produce, and other odds and ends. I kept putting shit on the wrong list and that apparently doesn't jive with the boss. :LOL:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good grief. Online shopping threads? It hit me the other day. We need the season to get here. I'm not sure what domesticated bull shit is coming next on TOO. Can someone expedite deer season please? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Big_Holla and Jamie