Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening weekend hopefuls...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Nice looking bucks guys! The ones I see (going to and from work) are not huntable...hope to get out this weekend to check my camera and glass some fields.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
By God if I didn't know any better I'd say Hook Jr is an identical twin! You're on to a good one there, Jesse... hopefully he stays around long enough to walk in front of a well-placed Slick Trick. :D

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
LOL... anyone else notice the replies are duplicating words? Gonna take some time to get all the bugs out I guess.

Are you referring to the "Re: Opening weekend hopefuls... " If so that is the title. I admit it's annoying and I'm about to turn it off. Thanks for letting me know it's bugging someone else... Yes it's going to take a little bit of time to get this looking right. Just know I'm working on it like a somalian with a can of SPAM missing the key.

Ray

Not sure you could convince me that there is no shared blood here...

WOW Jesse! That's cool ... you should kill him dead just because you can. :)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
LOL... anyone else notice the replies are duplicating words? Gonna take some time to get all the bugs out I guess.

Are you referring to the "Re: Opening weekend hopefuls... " If so that is the title. I admit it's annoying and I'm about to turn it off. Thanks for letting me know it's bugging someone else... Yes it's going to take a little bit of time to get this looking right. Just know I'm working on it like a somalian with a can of SPAM missing the key.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I glassed this farm on Wednesday night and glassed behind my parents last night. I didn't see shit Wednesday other than the stud 6 that is running with this buck. Believe it or not, this deer had spots and a 6-point rack; it's the smallest 6 ever, but it was there! :)

Last night however, I hit the jackpot! I have been watching a borderline OBB 8-point in this same bean field all year and last night, he showed up with his old man! I was watching the 8 feed out along the same ditch as always and I caught movement coming out of the ditch. Just at last bino light, out steps a Booner 10-point. Funny thing was, there was a lady walking the township road I was parked on and she was almost to the Jeep when he stepped out. I was so absorbed in watching these deer, I never heard her and when he stepped out, I go: "No fucking way..." Just as I said it, I hear her laughing. Turns out to be the wife of a die hard bowhunter, so she knew what I was up to! :D

This deer was every bit as big as dad's from 2004 and that deer grossed 167. The buck I saw last night has better brows and possibly longer beams as it seems his tines were spaced out more than dad's. If it had not been so dark, I could have took a pic of them with the 10 in front looking at me and the 8 behind him and the 8's rack fit easily inside the 10's. And the 8 is flirting with 140!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I glassed this farm on Wednesday night and glassed behind my parents last night. I didn't see shit Wednesday other than the stud 6 that is running with this buck. Believe it or not, this deer had spots and a 6-point rack; it's the smallest 6 ever, but it was there! :)

Last night however, I hit the jackpot! I have been watching a borderline OBB 8-point in this same bean field all year and last night, he showed up with his old man! I was watching the 8 feed out along the same ditch as always and I caught movement coming out of the ditch. Just at last bino light, out steps a Booner 10-point. Funny thing was, there was a lady walking the township road I was parked on and she was almost to the Jeep when he stepped out. I was so absorbed in watching these deer, I never heard her and when he stepped out, I go: "No fucking way..." Just as I said it, I hear her laughing. Turns out to be the wife of a die hard bowhunter, so she knew what I was up to! :D

This deer was every bit as big as dad's from 2004 and that deer grossed 167. The buck I saw last night has better brows and possibly longer beams as it seems his tines were spaced out more than dad's. If it had not been so dark, I could have took a pic of them with the 10 in front looking at me and the 8 behind him and the 8's rack fit easily inside the 10's. And the 8 is flirting with 140!!!

That's some funny shit. Good thing she was the wife of a bowhunter though... you might not have gotten a laugh out of her otherwise LOL.

So I'm assuming stumbling onto this monster 10 has put hook jr. on the secondary hit list. If he's as big as you say he is, that wouldn't be a tough decision to make.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

No, that's not what I was referring to... but now that you mention it, that does bug the hell out of me. Last night when I posted a reply, the two words closest to the right margin were duplicated on the next line along the left margin. First I thought I fucked up typing... but when I went back to edit, it showed up just fine... hit save, and it appeared with duplicated words again. Right now, however, I don't see any duplicated words in the replies so I don't have a clue what happened. It wasn't just me though... I noticed that huntn2's post had a couple duplicated words also. Must've just been a glitch.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No, that's not what I was referring to... but now that you mention it, that does bug the hell out of me. Last night when I posted a reply, the two words closest to the right margin were duplicated on the next line along the left margin. First I thought I fucked up typing... but when I went back to edit, it showed up just fine... hit save, and it appeared with duplicated words again. Right now, however, I don't see any duplicated words in the replies so I don't have a clue what happened. It wasn't just me though... I noticed that huntn2's post had a couple duplicated words also. Must've just been a glitch.

ok.. I disabled the Title post in the thread thing.... I might have fixed the duplicate word issue by accident but who knows. If you see it Again Pm me or click the little black triangle at the bottom of the post to report it. Thanks.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
i knew you had to be holdin out over there on the "other site"! haha... great pics and some super deer... good luck.. hope to see you and greg smilin behind a couple of those studs..

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
i knew you had to be holdin out over there on the "other site"! haha... great pics and some super deer... good luck.. hope to see you and greg smilin behind a couple of those studs..

Ha! I gotta say, it was tough holding out cause I love sharing pics with other addicts. I was pumped to get this place running just to post pics! LOL!!!