Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

PA hunters that hunt Ohio

Bowman

Bowman... Welcome to the site... Gotta ask this: Are you a Steelers Fan???? And No... I don't live in Ohio..... Formally from Westmoreland County....

Well I' m not a Brown's or Eagles' Fan, so by default I guess that makes me a Steelers Fan ?, Although true passion, Penguin's Fan!

Reactions: Fletch and cspot

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
The way I see it....the law states that Pennsylvanians can’t import deer into the state from states/provinces on that list. I don’t live in Pennsylvania and will only be traveling through from Ohio to NJ. Don’t know if my interpretation is correct or not and don’t want to test the theory myself, but it may be a loop hole if stopped on the way home and they want to confiscate your deer. As long as I’m not advertising the deer by having him outside of the truck (it’ll be butchered and in a cooler with the head/cape in a plastic bag inside the truck), I’d imagine that I’d be ok.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well I' m not a Brown's or Eagles' Fan, so by default I guess that makes me a Steelers Fan ?, Although true passion, Penguin's Fan!

AH.... Penquins…. Now we are talking... You'll find a few of those on here... You'll even find a CRYER's fan...:ROFLMAO: Penquins were a little flat last year, don't where their brain's were getting rid of Ian Cole... Like I said a lot of ball busting on here... And Dustin or Giles didn't even chime in yet...

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
AEAF53B5-59C6-4BEB-B29D-62C6E4D8A4F5.jpeg

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
The way I see it....the law states that Pennsylvanians can’t import deer into the state from states/provinces on that list. I don’t live in Pennsylvania and will only be traveling through from Ohio to NJ. Don’t know if my interpretation is correct or not and don’t want to test the theory myself, but it may be a loop hole if stopped on the way home and they want to confiscate your deer. As long as I’m not advertising the deer by having him outside of the truck (it’ll be butchered and in a cooler with the head/cape in a plastic bag inside the truck), I’d imagine that I’d be ok.

Well as long as the skull has been "capped" and "all" brain tissue removed your good to go.... Otherwise your chancing it... If its a really nice buck how would you feel losing it??? Yeh… Most CO's will probably just remind you of the law, but there is always that one out there that will take you over the coals....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Damn... That's a great pic of Sid when he was young... Haters gonna hate.... But admit it... He is one hell of a hockey player... No denying that....

Well as long as the skull has been "capped" and "all" brain tissue removed your good to go.... Otherwise your chancing it... If its a really nice buck how would you feel losing it??? Yeh… Most CO's will probably just remind you of the law, but there is always that one out there that will take you over the coals....
I think traveling thru would be classified as importing. Chances of getting caught would probably be slim but why chance it. You would be in pa for a long time.

Bowman

AH.... Penquins…. Now we are talking... You'll find a few of those on here... You'll even find a CRYER's fan...:ROFLMAO: Penquins were a little flat last year, don't where their brain's were getting rid of Ian Cole... Like I said a lot of ball busting on here... And Dustin or Giles didn't even chime in yet...

Yes it showed, as Cole was missed, also liked the presence of Bonino too. And the Brassard acquisition didn't live up to expectations?

Yes it showed, as Cole was missed, also liked the presence of Bonino too. And the Brassard acquisition didn't live up to expectations?

Not a whole lot was said about it but Cole and Sully didn't see eye to eye. Cole was benched for a while in the middle of the season. I think that is the reason he was traded. Brassard definitely didn't live up to expectations and the loss of several players including Bonino, Cullen, Daley, etc affected them greatly.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Better get used to laws like this. This is the new norm. Word on the street is Ohio is now another state on the list... No unprocessed deer or deer heads brought in from ANY outside state into Ohio.