Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pay it forward

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Joe, I think we need a pay it forward Thread. I have a lot of stuff I no longer need and dont like the flea market crowd. With things being as hard for some as they are now, Someone may have something someone else could use . Just a thought.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Joe, I think we need a pay it forward Thread. I have a lot of stuff I no longer need and dont like the flea market crowd. With things being as hard for some as they are now, Someone may have something someone else could use . Just a thought.

Excellent idea. I think this group could do it well.

Beentown

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

Great idea. I have stuff for it right now...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I will see what the rules for the one gun forum one that was going. Basically you put something up. Someone says they will take it but they have to put something up then to be able to claim. I.E.

Diablo says he has 12 white knocks available. Camofry says I'll take it and pay forward two boxes of 12 gauge sluggers.... that sort of thing. If Camofry didn't have anything to pay forward then he couldn't claim it. That sounds more confusing reading it than it is....

Beentown

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I will see what the rules for the one gun forum one that was going. Basically you put something up. Someone says they will take it but they have to put something up then to be able to claim. I.E.

Diablo says he has 12 white knocks available. Camofry says I'll take it and pay forward two boxes of 12 gauge sluggers.... that sort of thing. If Camofry didn't have anything to pay forward then he couldn't claim it. That sounds more confusing reading it than it is....

Beentown

Yes, like that. Maybe 2 or 3 takes a month or so.That way everyone gets in on it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Basically trading

Kinda...

Lets build on the example above:

Diablo says that he has extra knocks laying around and posts...12 white knocks available.

Camofry wants them and says I will take them and pay forward two boxes of Sluggers.

Then I post and say I want the Sluggers and pay forward two 10/22 mags.

Cotty says I'll take the 10/22 mags and PIF (pay it forward) 10 bottles of Jergens and a sit and spin.

Huck says I will take it and PIF a pair of shorts and a shirt...

and so on and so on...

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I was afraid to say it, but me TOO! :smiley_chinrub:

It works like this, You have something you no longer use, or have no use for. You post it up to give to someone that can use it, in turn they post up something they have that they dont use or dont need. Who ever can use that has to post up something for the next guy. If you dont need whats posted , you just lay low til something comes up you do need. I have seen these work on other sites and people start to hog stuff, but with the group of guys here I dont think this would be the case.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Kinda...

Lets build on the example above:

Diablo says that he has extra knocks laying around and posts...12 white knocks available.

Camofry wants them and says I will take them and pay forward two boxes of Sluggers.

Then I post and say I want the Sluggers and pay forward two 10/22 mags.

Cotty says I'll take the 10/22 mags and PIF (pay it forward) 10 bottles of Jergens and a sit and spin.

Huck says I will take it and PIF a pair of shorts and a shirt...

and so on and so on...

rotflmaorotflmao

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Ahhh... now I see...
Figures Huck is leaving shirts and shorts.

Hey! I want my Jergens!!! And the sit and spin!!!

Ok, seriously... who pays shipping? Is that worked out?

I would say the giver. That way , if something comes up and the giver cant give, the takers not out nothing.lol

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Generally it is small things that can go through USPS and be really cheap TOO ship. I have seen it both ways. The least confusing is to just pay shipping on your end. It all works out. Now if your are PIF steel targets then something would have to be worked out. Maybe the TOO shipping department :)

Beentown