Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Perhaps my best week ever...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words. Well, here's 10 that speak volumes to me!!!

These first two deer are targets No. 1 and No. 2 right now. The first is a familiar face! I was hoping Moe would survive another barrage of hunters and he came through in style!!!

He even managed to have his alarm set 12 minutes ahead of Jimmy and I on Saturday morning! (The time is an hour fast. I forgot to reset it after daylight savings!!!)

Shortly after Steve left his perch a mere 60 yards from this camera on Friday night, a new target entered my life! In fact, an hour before this, I caught him on another camera leaving his sanctuary 300 yards south of here. Meet Boss Hawg…

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Not to be out done by Boss Hawg, enter a new 8-point with similar aspirations I might as well call ‘Lil Hawg. This deer will get a pass with a “Tracie Exemption” attached to it!!!

Another new face is a deer I nicknamed Captain Jack. He’ll also receive a pass with a “Tracie Exemption”…

Not to be forgotten, Curly made several appearances this week, including a dangerous visit yesterday morning. Again, a “Tracie Exempt” pass will be given to this deer. Especially if he repeats his last performance this weekend when we are in the blind watching this crossing!!!

I was hoping to get a good count on our does following the harvest of two in the last two weeks. I’d say we’re alright to kill another one or two!

This is what I call a “nanny doe” and she’ll make a great harvest!!!

And last but not least, another BEC instant classic courtesy of Sandridge Outfitter client Jimmy!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Aww, Jimmay!

Good week for the cams I guess. I will be headed out tonight after work to check the camera behind mom's. I doubt it will happen, but I am hoping for similar results.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Great pics. Boss Hawg is a fitting name for that buck. He looks like he could kick some serious ass at the drop of a hat!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Slunger city baby! Boss Hawg is an absolute brute of an 8 pointer! Good stuff, buddy... thanks for sharing.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
What do you all have in the water down there dang.

Some nice bucks right there buddy. My hit list for those would be.
1) Boss Hawg - he eats too damn much
2) Moe

I see this time of year brings out the anger issues down there as well. You got Curly beating up the smaller bucks and that last pic you posted...well...it tells a story all it's own :D.

Good luck to you and the wife on downing one of those fine bucks but I would pass on that last one for sure. He is kind of scary :smiley_couch:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That last one looks like he's got a tumor around his midsection. Better eliminate that one from the herd.

:smiley_crocodile:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
What do you all have in the water down there dang.

To be honest with you, I am a little shocked at what is going on out there right now. Perhaps the best piece of ground in a 3/4 miles circle of us, was select cut this spring and is currently being hunted by a less than dedicated bowhunter. We did 8 hours of dozer work and 8 hours of brush hogging mid-October, which eliminated tons of 4-5' brushy cover in the creek bottom. I really anticipated a shitty year of hunting out there. Yet, things have been better than ever...

I have big plans for this coming year. Four food plots are in the works, totally 2 acres. I'll have 2-3 feeders and plan to fire up the mineral site again. I'm going to work my ass off to give them all the food they need to stay close to home. I've learned in the last five years that 10-15 stand set-ups are not too many on this 72 acres. The deer do not have set patterns here, nor are there very many preferred funnels. The whole farm is a funnel, so you can set up just about anywhere and have success. I'm going to run 6 cameras on here starting in the spring so I can work on finding the best of the various funnels. If my dad is going to keep this place and it represents the future of my deer hunting, it's time to figure it out!!!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
My cavalier would have looked real nice cruising up 77 with Boss Hawg tied to the roof. That would have happened had he came through during day light hours.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for sharing Jesse! The nanny doe would be a great freezer filler! The bucks are nice too. The two legged deer with the messed up hoof probably should be culled. :smiley_crocodile: