Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Perspective shooters 2010-2011

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Not much to say here. Pictures do the work. These are not really monsters, but they are top notch for our area. I am sure there are a few around bigger, but none I have seen on camera or on the hoof. Certainly haven't seen them on the properties I hunt either. Personally I am after the "wide 11". 2010 target buck0001.jpg

2010 target buck body view0001.jpg

I dunno. Can only do one at a time?

Last edited by a moderator:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
2010 target buck view 20001.jpg

Last pic of the "Wide 11". I have seen this one on the hoof 3 times this spring/summer. With his ears straight out he is 4-6" wider than each ear. Very wide for this area.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Thanks guys! Needless to say, those pictures have only been sent to a select few up until now. I hope I kill him dead as well. Much better than the small basket 6pt/forkhorn/and one spike I saw last year in my 141.5hrs on stand. I am feeling "pretty good" about the new farm. hehehe

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Joe- The general consensus on the "wide 11" is anywhere from upper 130's to mid 140's. What I don't think they are taking into consideration though is the size of this beast. I think he is a little bigger than this, but maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part. Jesse, Gern, and JDBoyd shot me those numbers, so I would have to say they are probably pretty darn close. Either way, darn nice deer in my opinion, and I guess that is all that matters in the end.

Ray

Sylvania, Ohio
Thanks guys! Needless to say, those pictures have only been sent to a select few up until now. I hope I kill him dead as well. Much better than the small basket 6pt/forkhorn/and one spike I saw last year in my 141.5hrs on stand. I am feeling "pretty good" about the new farm. hehehe
I get that many hours in the first half of the season and swantucky laps me .... you aren't tryin. LOL!

\

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Jack- It would be much appreciated

I get that many hours in the first half of the season and swantucky laps me .... you aren't tryin. LOL!
Show off!:D Don't rub it in man. My boss is a major prick. I still have to go to work. Maybe if I was a better hunter i wouldn't have as many wasted hours in the woods, but what can I say? It IS time well wasted!