Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pictures of Caribou from 1998

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I just found these pictures from the Caribou hunt that myself and 5 other guys went on back in 1998......I thought you guys might like to see them.

Here are my 2 bulls.....

Here is our guide "Isaac" with me and a bull....

That trip was something I will never forget and would love to do again. I would highly recommend a Caribou hunting trip to any of you guys, probably the most awesome hunting and fishing anywhere IMO.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Yeah, no kidding......I still had a full head of hair back then!!!! But hey, I wasn't married yet and had no kids then either!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I might add that I killed those 2 bulls within minutes of each other....the first one was shot from 210 yards away and the other was shot from 427 yards!! I missed the 2nd bull 5 times before realizing what a 30 mph cross wind was doing to my bullet from that distance.

I was shooting a 300 Win. Mag.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Gern, when you go back give me a year's notice so I can save up.

The way those hunts are priced now I better give you 2 years notice!

When we went in 98 I think I had about 3 grand in the trip, including airfare......Now you can't touch one of these hunts for under 5-6 thousand, but man would I love to do that again.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Awesome stuff Gern!! That's a hunt I'd love to do with the bow. I'm gonna need to either hit the lotto or start saving for a few years. Like ya said, it's about impossible to find a hunt like that under $5k.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Where about did you hunt Gern?

By the way, those are some cool pics!

We hunted out of Kujuak, Quebec, which is located about 1,000 miles straight north of Montreal, Canada. Once we flew into Kujuak we hopped on a float plane and headed out another 150 miles into the wilderness to base camp. I will dig up some more pictures, one of my buddies killed a boone and crockett, a MONSTER! It was almost 50" wide!!