Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Looks like your enjoying your vacation Mike, just wondering what the wristbands are for?

My guess is either Ober Gatlinburg or Splash Country, Looks like they have done both, I think they both have wristbands, but just guessing.

Looks like you are having a blast Mike! Don't forget to to hit up the jerky outlet on the strip in Gatlinburg, if nothing else, just for the free samples!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311889121.451657.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here are some pics from the fishing spots.

These first pics are from the lower part of one of the entrances into the Smoky Mountain National Park. The water was clear and pristine.
That's the good news. The bad news? I didn't catch shit! I'm a bass fisherman and it showed. I had fun wading in the ice cool waters though.

The next pics were considered Gatlinburg waters. This system was in between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. There were signs up for high fecal content! I was shocked. Oh well, there lots of people fishin and I just didn't wade in it. This hole looked very promising, but lacked production. I'm holding a whopper!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My review of the are is that is defintely worth seeing. I truly enjoyed it, but it is very expensive. Everything has a high price tag. I spent the last two days fishing just to avoid the tourist attractions that rape you.
Gatlinburg is a really cool town to see and of course the mountains are awesome. Just be prepared to spend if you are going with kids that need entertained.

Quick examples:
Zip Lining? $70 per person
Whitewater rafting? $70 per person
Horseback riding? $25 per person

Needless to say, all I did was the horseback riding.

I didn't get to take the kids tubing because some heavy overnight rains two nights in a row swelled the river and no kids were allowed. Bummer...