Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB plastic 55 gallon drums

How far would you be interested in traveling? Mapquest shows Hopedale to Lima being a little over 200 miles and approx. 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

There's a guy about 5 miles to the east of me, that sells all sizes of plastic barrels. I have no idea what he wants for them, but I can stop by and ask, if you're interested. Let me know.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

How far would you be interested in traveling? Mapquest shows Hopedale to Lima being a little over 200 miles and approx. 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

There's a guy about 5 miles to the east of me, that sells all sizes of plastic barrels. I have no idea what he wants for them, but I can stop by and ask, if you're interested. Let me know.

how far from galion is lima ? cause ill be heading there here in the next month hopefully , wouldnt mind going an extra few miles

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The guy in Lima is Mike. I rented one of his spots in Ft Recovery to sell tree stands when his buddy backed out. Good dude. His number is 419 296 0099.

hickslawns said:
The guy in Lima is Mike. I rented one of his spots in Ft Recovery to sell tree stands when his buddy backed out. Good dude. His number is 419 296 0099.
hicklawns,
Is this the same guy that's on S. Dixie Hwy....just north of Bluelick Rd.?

Uglycat,
Mapquest says that Galion is 82 miles or 1 hr. 20 min. from Lima, by way of U.S. 30.
The Bluelick Rd. that I'm refering to is also Exit 120 of I-75 and Bluelick Rd. So, from that Exit/Interchange you go east about a mile to S. Dixie Hwy. (Old 25) and turn right or north and the guys house is on the right or east side of the road, about 500 yards up from Bluelick Rd. You'll see some barrels setting in his driveway and or a small sign.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I need some too, but ones that contained food grade items. Let me know guys. Thanks

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dan- Same guy.

Joe- Do you need barrels or can they be the larger totes? I will take some pictures of what I have. I bought 2 food grade totes. I am guessing several hundred gallons with the metal cage around them. Cut a hole in one to put on the inside of my barn. Cut a hole in the barn (well, I will get to it eventually) and the other one is on the outside with an entrance hole and another hole to go in/out of the barn. Hoping to keep Hank a bit warmer in the winter this way. Haven't finished it yet, but check his extremities every time I feed him and he has been fine. Couple nights I put him in the truck dog box inside the insulated shop when it was bitter cold.

Enough rambling. Do you need the drums or totes to be food grade?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Either or. 50 gallon drums are plenty for what I need. What do those larger containers run?

Buckmaster

Portage
Used plastic 50-55 gal drums typically run about $ 10 each when I see them.
I used to get all I wanted from work when I worked at my old company. They contained salt water for corrosion resistance testing of various platings. You can try your local car wash. Many time soap comes in them.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You can try your local car wash. Many time soap comes in them.

That is where I get mine. My uncle owns 3 car washes. Our retail location is on the same property as one of them. We rent the frontage off him. Good location. He uses our backhoe or skid loader when he needs it and it helps the rent.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Mark and Joe,
Greenstar Coop near Salem sells food grade plastic barrels, not sure of the price it's been several years since I bought any but I'm sure the last I bought were around $10. It's probably 60-70 miles from Hopedale, 175 from Cbus..
Give them a call
http://www.greenstarcoop.net/