Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Primos Truth Cam 60

Diablo54

Outside
My Truth cam came in the mail a week ago, although my rechargeable batteries didn't come in until yesterday. I set the cam up behind the house and was happy to see that it was an easy setup. It took a few pictures while I was standing there and sadly "The Clunk" was really noticeable. I went back this morning because i needed to resupply the corn and figured i might as well switch the cards also.

from the results some of the deer don't like the clunk at all.

I have never had a deer run away from a camera. Although they kept coming back through the night and they were there at 8am this morning.

My buddy the crabclaw buck comes for dinner every night as well.
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz279/tayman222
/PrimosTruthcam041.jpg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Diablo, i have read that if you don;t like teh clunk you can get a hold of primos and they will try to fix it for you. there is a cheaper fix that you can do it you want i will send you the link.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Those look like 35 pics, so I'll be interested to see what setting it was on. I was happy with my first week of operation and I had mine set on 60 and it seemed to have a much better flash range than that. I don't have pics with me now, but I'll get some up soon...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Diablo, i have read that if you don;t like teh clunk you can get a hold of primos and they will try to fix it for you. there is a cheaper fix that you can do it you want i will send you the link.

Post it up Milo. I would like to see what it is about. I noticed my 35 does it on occasion.

Diablo54

Outside
I double checked and it is on 60 led. When I bring it in this weekend I'll mess around with the settings and see if I can get it to be brighter. I saw the link Milo but i dunno if I want to tear open my cam and possibly break it.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I double checked and it is on 60 led.

Dang. I'll post mine later. They didn't seem that dark at all...

I'm sending my 35's back in next week to have the clunk fixed. I hear the 60's, but not enough to fool with sending it in. I'll see what they 35's sound like before I get carried away...

Diablo54

Outside
He's back and with a friend.

Two minutes before i got to my camera...I thougt about hunting tonight too bad i didnt:smiley_blackeye:

1 hour before daylight:smiley_clap:

A few new small bucks showed up last night.

Last edited:

Schu72

Streetsboro
Well guys, I have about $140 cabelas bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Would you buy another truth 60 or would you go with a bushnell trophy?

Diablo54

Outside
I wouldd buy two 35s. But remember u gotta buy batts and sd cards. I like my 60 alot. But i think i coulda just bought a 35 with the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well guys, I have about $140 cabelas bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Would you buy another truth 60 or would you go with a bushnell trophy?

Find out from these guys how often they are replacing batteries. I will not tell you I get a year out of my Trophy Cams, but I will tell you I am getting more than 10months out of them so far. In fact, I have 4 and my buddy has two. I have swapped the batteries on the cameras I put out last year. The two I bought this year (ordered mine and my buddy's at same time) have not had batteries touched. If you expect to spend $10-20/month on batteries then think about spending $20/yr on them and the extra money for the Trophy Cam doesn't seem too bad.

Diablo54

Outside
Ive had my rechargable batteries take 2000 pics so far and im at 60%battery life. Remember rechargable batteries dont last like regular though

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk