Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Yea this is going to be fun
1E973678-13CA-479F-AC97-FAAD4678DE50.png

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Is all your grass established? Crabgrass preventer also prevents new seed from germinating. Save the seed costs if you have touch up seeding to do.

Yep, first rounds of planting last season took hold nicely. I'll be feeding it one more time this summer, then aerating and overfeeding in fall. I decided to fight the crabgrass right away since it's so prolific being an overgrown farm field.

Appreciate ya looking out Phil, cause seed went sky high too!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep, first rounds of planting last season took hold nicely. I'll be feeding it one more time this summer, then aerating and overfeeding in fall. I decided to fight the crabgrass right away since it's so prolific being an overgrown farm field.

Appreciate ya looking out Phil, cause seed went sky high too!
Absolutely. Never a problem. I couldn't remember if you did a dormant seeding in the fall or not.

Reactions: 5Cent

Stressless

Keene, OH
On Friday, April 29th, an extremely damaging EF-3 tornado was filmed by a drone as it tore through the East side of Andover, KS. Over 1,000 buildings were damaged/destroyed but there were no fatalities and only a handful of people were injured. The drone footage is nothing short of spectacular and will likely be very valuable to meteorologists.