Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
683565A9-3C14-4CDF-A3B3-E1800D15C85A.jpeg

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
We got the wind. Not the 3-5" snow or 4-8" they were talking, but probably 1-2" with silly winds. 55mph gusts and sustained 25mph plus or minus a few. Came in. Filled the wood boiler. Let the dog out. Poor ol Otis must've refused to go out last night because I watched him pee for what seemed like a couple minutes. He didn't mess around either. Right back in the door. Yep. Brutal right now. Parked 5 trucks, one wheel loader, 1 backhoe, 1 skid loader. Still have 2 wheel loaders just maintaining aisles on "the busiest shopping day of the year." This is going to be a marathon with another day or two of this wind.
Be safe Phil!

Reactions: hickslawns

Isaacorps

Columbus
My dogs legit ran outside and made it 20' into the yard before stopping. Looking for a second, then turning around to try and come back in 😂

Real feel is -23 here. Super rare weather conditions in this corner of the state!
-7 with a real feel of -31 here this morning. Jax was not impressed 😆. He finally went out after when he couldn’t hold it anymore after 4 false starts. It was probably frozen before it hit the ground 💩

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
-4 with real feel closer to -30 when i went out this morning to check the chickens.

Heated waterer was the but had some ice build up. They hadn't been out of the coop so i took them some food and moved it closer to their coop.

We probably got 2-4" with drifts above my ankle in places.

Bowkills

Nw oh
This is the worst its ever been here in 16yrs. Blowin like a bitch. Went to bed at midnight house was 70 woke up it was 45 and still had coals just now getting warm again. Her car said said -8 her phone said -35 with the wind chill her windshield had a small chip and now has a long crack from water that got in it. I hope this is my last winter in this thing.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It’s funny how the “sky is falling global warming” crowd tend to become silent during these winter type conditions. Especially the weather forecaster people/ news anchors.

Reactions: Trueroots

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
3 pile ups happening right now up here. 2 on turnpike, they just requested it be shutdown, one is 20+ cars. The other is a 10+ car on rt 2 by huron. Mutual aid be called from long distances and all are having trouble getting thru backroads or access ramps to both. Schools buses, etc. being called to sites to help keep ppl involved warm. Pray for all involved, this is going to suck majorly.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
3 pile ups happening right now up here. 2 on turnpike, they just requested it be shutdown, one is 20+ cars. The other is a 10+ car on rt 2 by huron. Mutual aid be called from long distances and all are having trouble getting thru backroads or access ramps to both. Schools buses, etc. being called to sites to help keep ppl involved warm. Pray for all involved, this is going to suck majorly.
🙏 Hoping causalities are low and bless the first responders for being there to help.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Listening the my ham radio all mornin, and Columbus had pile ups after pile ups on all the major interstates. I don't get it. It's like this every year for all the years I lived here. I don't know how people forget how to drive in these conditions, and to be honest, it you don't have to be out, then don't. It truly is your most safest solution if you can do it.

Anyhow, thought I share a little info I heard this mornin.

I prey that all folks get through this wild storm unharmed.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Power has been out here since 10:00 am. We’re doing okay, as we have a whole house generator. But it’s been a pain in my side. The blowing snow was getting sucked into the air intake and clogging the filter every 20 minutes. Finally I located a moving blanket I had laying around and I strapped it to the front of the generac housing, to act as a pre filter. So far so good. It’s been running smooth for the past hour or so now. Hopefully they can get the power turned back on soon. I can’t imagine all the folks without generators right now, especially those living in old drafty houses.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

I laughed very out loud when I first seen this. In fact, I had to do a double take real quick because back during my snow removal days, sometime roughly 10 years ago, I came across this exact type of situation. I offered to pull them out, just like I always did with everybody else, and they gave me a hard decline, so I pressed onward. There were three of them, a young male with two elders, male and female. One horse that looked all upset. The young male looked upset too when the old man said, "NO THANK YOU!"

Anyhow, there you go, another life experience of mine shared, Silly me
😊

Reactions: aholdren