Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

1712146207428.png

1712146312237.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
As a river county, we still have the pay the piper even if the storms didn't bring wind, hail, or tornados. The rivers are ANGRY and coming up fast. The 40' projected crest creates serious issues and will cause significant damage to certain businesses. I will be spending my afternoon volunteering to help move valuables for several of my friends/acquaintances who operate businesses in the flood zone. We're still 6' off the crest and it's already causing problems.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
As a river county, we still have the pay the piper even if the storms didn't bring wind, hail, or tornados. The rivers are ANGRY and coming up fast. The 40' projected crest creates serious issues and will cause significant damage to certain businesses. I will be spending my afternoon volunteering to help move valuables for several of my friends/acquaintances who operate businesses in the flood zone. We're still 6' off the crest and it's already causing problems.
Buddy was driving up rte 7 yesterday. Said hole trees with the root balls were coming out of the creek south of wellsville by the rest stop.
Said it’s getting angry down there. I’d like to see the locks at empire. Worst I’ve seen it was water flowing over them all the way across, and about 10’ above the walls.

From today, There’s a park and ride in there somewhere. Rte 7 and yellow creek area where it goes into the Ohio River.
Attachment.jpeg
Attachment.jpeg
20240403_094913.jpeg
20240403_094903.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: finelyshedded

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Unfortunately this is heading your direction
Screenshot_20240403_095801_Facebook.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just spent my afternoon participating in one of the most impressive mass evacuations you'll ever see. I stood in the parking lot talking to the Mayor (in the vehicle) and could watch the water moving in. Predicted crest is 40.5' and anything about 36 becomes a real issue for folks. At 40, it's a catastrophic issue for a big chunk of our downtown.

1000007606.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yep, the Boathouse. The road is Gilman Avenue, a main thoroughfare into downtown from the west side. I was among more than 300 volunteers downtown today and while chaotic and unfortunate, it was heartwarming to see people pull together like that. We have some major issues in our town at the moment and I saw people who last week, were fighting in a public meeting, working together to fill sand bags. That said, no good deed goes unpunished and I came home to a busted hose bib and a soaked workshop. But let's keep it in perspective, this is my hometown just a few minutes ago. I guess we'll be alright 👍

1000007615.jpg

Isaacorps

Columbus
Yep, the Boathouse. The road is Gilman Avenue, a main thoroughfare into downtown from the west side. I was among more than 300 volunteers downtown today and while chaotic and unfortunate, it was heartwarming to see people pull together like that. We have some major issues in our town at the moment and I saw people who last week, were fighting in a public meeting, working together to fill sand bags. That said, no good deed goes unpunished and I came home to a busted hose bib and a soaked workshop. But let's keep it in perspective, this is my hometown just a few minutes ago. I guess we'll be alright 👍

View attachment 193055
For reference for those who haven’t been there, this “giant” Adirondack chair on their patio (between the river and restaurant) is approximately 6’ tall. Judging from your picture that thing is probably in Adams county by now. Damn shame 😞
IMG_9564.jpeg