Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We stayed in Tallahassee last night.
Some counties are going to be without for a while! They can’t even get to some of these areas.

Theres so many volunteers itching to help out, but they’ll become part of the problem until the locals get a handle on what and where it’s needed.
So sad to see all this.

• Sad
Reactions: finelyshedded

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
1000009321.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
There’s no way to compare what we did today, vs what others are going through. But we went down to our son’s place and helped him clean up. He had a smaller tree leaning on his house and over his roof. Got it whittled away and removed. Then started cleaning up the debris. Wasn’t much damage in or around where they live. Luckily it was all west of them.

IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0010.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone follow.alomg with Garrett Mitchell aka Cleetus MacFarland? Does crazy builds and promotes races. Bizarre stuff. Buddies with Whistlin' Dixie, Heavy D of Diesel Brothers, etc. Just does goofy social media stuff and has a crap ton of followers/views.

He hosts a show at the "Freedom Factory" called Cars and Copters. He bought a clapped out helicopter out of Venezuela. Stripped it down and rebuilt it. People followed along. Pretty cool deal.

Fast forward to the flooding and hurricane events unfolding. He has taken the chopper out for search and rescue missions along with getting supplies to stranded people. Pretty friggin awesome when celebrities do good and it isn't just for publicity.
1000009116.png

1000009115.png

This gains attention and makes us feel good. Let's not forget the heroes who don't get any media attention or spotlight. The efforts of the linesmen, utility workers restoring services, and local do gooders is not lost on me. Plenty of local nurses, EMS personnel, and friends and neighbors are doing a lot of selfless things right now. It is appreciated.

Edit: helicopter came from Venezuela. I said Argentina. Changed it.

Last edited: