Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rant About My Luck

badger

*Supporting Member*
I accepted not getting to take my kid deer hunting today as i'm ready to go back to work. But I wasn't ready for my truck to break down on the way in this morning.

I'm sitting on the side of 480 right before the Garfield exit and I'm ready to fucking scream!

I swear that nobody has luck like mine.

Kaiser878

ohio
I accepted not getting to take my kid deer hunting today as i'm ready to go back to work. But I wasn't ready for my truck to break down on the way in this morning.

I'm sitting on the side of 480 right before the Garfield exit and I'm ready to fucking scream!

I swear that nobody has luck like mine.

How close are you to strasburg?

badger

*Supporting Member*
Well I wasnt gonig to come pick your ass up. haha I was gonig to offer to take your son out this weekend to shoot a deer if you couldnt make it out with him.

Leaving me stranded is not so kind, but offering to take my son hunting is a great gesture on your part! I should be able to get out for the weekend and a few hrs after work. I think it took me about 2 hrs to get to Strasburg the last time I was down there. If something changes and we can work something out I'll shoot you a pm with my number.

Thank you for the offer Kaiser!

Back to the truck, it was my alternator that went out. My dash lights started going dim and then my battery gauge was going down. Little by little I was loosing everything. I called my labor foreman and had him pick me up in my work truck. After rush hour died down we went back and took one of the batteries out of the 350 and put it in my truck. It fired right up and I was able to get it into the mill where I can work on it, and not pay a tow bill back to Warren. I usually leave it there all week and drive the other truck so it will probably sit there all week and through the weekend before I touch it. That is unless I make plans to hunt some where's this weekend.

It was just a hell of a way to come back to work and to start out a Monday.

By the way, I made it home by three and we made the stand for the last hour. Seen three turkies, but no deer.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Well my luck continues.

I woke at four this morning to a semi-flooded basement. I went ahead into work and got my crew going and found a guy to replace me. Took myself off the time sheet and replaced the alternator in my truck so I could come home to the mess I'm cleaning up now. Getting ready to drag some soaking wet carpet up the stairs.

This streak of bullshit better cease before I go fuggin postal! :smiley_cowboy:

Did I mention the part about not getting to hunt?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That sucks buddy. I hope it gets straightened out soon for ya.

All that rain the other day sucked. I had my roof vent up on the lower roof start leaking into my hallway Monday night so I know all about the water BS lol.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well my luck continues.

This streak of bullshit better cease before I go fuggin postal! :smiley_cowboy:

Did I mention the part about not getting to hunt?

Dale, I feel your pain, well not really but that's what we're supposed to say.... I'll be up to get all your hunting gear since you're not going to be able to use it.... Just sayin...Dang... :smiley_clap:rotflmao lmao Let me know when your done with all the bad luck and I'll bring it all back.. I promise :smiley_depressive: rotflmao lmao

badger

*Supporting Member*
Dale, I feel your pain, well not really but that's what we're supposed to say.... I'll be up to get all your hunting gear since you're not going to be able to use it.... Just sayin...Dang... :smiley_clap:rotflmao lmao Let me know when your done with all the bad luck and I'll bring it all back.. I promise :smiley_depressive: rotflmao lmao

Sure is great to have friends like you J!:smiley_chinrub:

Seriously though, I'm happy to report I had a fine day today without incident. My crew actually acted like they want their jobs and didn't try to argue about petty shit. The house was dry when I got home and not stinking. Plus I got my vacation pay in the mail I've been waiting for. Besides my union dues, benefits and other crap they take out of my check, they take $1.85 an hr and deposit it in an account called a vacation fund. December first & June first I receive a check with what has built up and interest. Mine is usually used for Christmas or my Texas hunt.

On the way home I stopped and picked up some porterhouse steaks and some Heineken, I'm once again a happy badger!

:smiley_bbq::smiley_adfundum:

rrr

Seriously though, I'm happy to report I had a fine day today without incident. My crew actually acted like they want their jobs and didn't try to argue about petty shit. The house was dry when I got home and not stinking. Plus I got my vacation pay in the mail I've been waiting for. Besides my union dues, benefits and other crap they take out of my check, they take $1.85 an hr and deposit it in an account called a vacation fund. December first & June first I receive a check with what has built up and interest. Mine is usually used for Christmas or my Texas hunt.

On the way home I stopped and picked up some porterhouse steaks and some Heineken, I'm once again a happy badger!

Hell yea, bro - glad to hear. Now just making something brown and furry die and bleed red on this snow!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sure is great to have friends like you J!

Badger I have nothing but good intentions with your hunting equipment..... :smiley_chinrub: I would treat it as my own..... :smiley_clap: Plus I would give you the backstraps lol.... Just saying... Dang... lol