Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ricers 2014-2015 Trapping Happenings

Ricer2231

Pretty good check tonight. Had 2 small coon that I let go and 5 rats. I got a feeling things are gonna be kinda slow on the line tomorrow night. Gonna get down right chilly tonight and probably lock the coon down. Maybe the rats and mink will run though. We will find out tomorrow afternoon.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416271207.739324.jpg
Hanging in my drying room so I can skin em tomorrow night.
9 coon (6 skinned)
19 rats
0 mink.

Kaiser878

ohio
Not sure if you know about this don...but heres a tip for drying animals. if you have snow roll them in the snow and it will dry em right up......I dried all my stuff that way today......works great..... Ur kicking the rats asses... good work

Ricer2231

Thanks fellas. Pretty slow day in the line today. One rat. Which is better than nothing for sure. This cold weather is shutting everything down and half my traps are froze in right now. I still have a dozen dog proofs that aren't frozen but I'm afraid the coon are holed up for a while. We will see. I'm gonna try to get some yote and fox sets out this weekend and see what happens.
9 coon
20 rats
0 mink

Ricer2231

Got out there today and it was a lot nicer than yesterday, 35 degrees with 15 mph winds actually felt pretty decent. Haha. Not a lot in the traps today, 2 rats and 1 mink! That's right my first ever mink! It was in the first 110 I checked. I got out of the truck and I told myself I was gonna run my line backwards tonight to change my luck and sure enough my mink was in the first 110 I checked. Needless to say I was pretty stoked.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416443129.353787.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416443140.790141.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416443156.114547.jpg
9 coon
22 rats
1 MINK

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on the first mink Don.... Hopefully more of those in your future...... What are they selling for by last year's standard???

Ricer2231

Thanks everybody. Not much happening on the line today and I figure it will be pretty much the same tomorrow. The frozen creek dis open up a little though and it gave me the chance to freshen up my mink sets. Fingers crossed. Haha. I had one rat and one big ole grimmer that I let go to get caught again, which I'm sure it will.
9 coon
23 rats
1 mink
1 grinner