Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Riddle me this..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think we got him, and I'm fuckin glad we did... but the whole thing just wreaks of typical government bullshit. I think they knew he was there for a long time... basically in "jail"... they just went and got him now because Obama's ratings were in need of a boost before 2012. Think about it... what has he done to grant re-election so far? Not much, right? Well, up until bin Laden was killed at least. The indirect "look at what I did" statements during the announcement speach were just ridiculous. He (Obama) said that he was the one who made the decision on which of the two invasion strategies to go with... REALLY?!?! What the fuck does he know about invading a compound in Pakistan? He didn't make that call... they just said he did so it makes him look good. Just my opinion, of course.

Very well said! You are darn right about it too! I had honestly not heard a single person support anything he has done in several months. Now with this, people are coming out like termites to talk up the Pr again? It was just a political ploy for ratings. I will commend him on making the decision to do so though. There were many variables involved and it was a gutsy call. Still won't vote for him though. Friggin' foreigner for President? Heck no!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Very well said! You are darn right about it too! I had honestly not heard a single person support anything he has done in several months. Now with this, people are coming out like termites to talk up the Pr again? It was just a political ploy for ratings. I will commend him on making the decision to do so though. There were many variables involved and it was a gutsy call. Still won't vote for him though. Friggin' foreigner for President? Heck no!

Did they kill him, or capture him? Did they find him, or did he surrender and tell everything in return for amnesty? We have no prof anything happened except we flew into Pakistan, killed some people, took Osama, and left..

After that we only have the word of some lying ass idiot born in kenya who just released a fake birth certificate a week before the Osama raid. ... Forgive me if that's not good enough. lol

A man who has been in a war almost his whole life, Walks with a limp and cane after we mangled his leg with a bomb, lived in the mountains in caves for 5 years, has to hide like a coward who can never show his face again, is in a house with a bunch of women and kids who can't ever leave, sitting there in a home prison, hasn't carried out a single successful attack on the US in 10 years, knowing you have the entire might of the USA looking to kill you, Knowing eventually they will...... That will wear on the resolve of any man... Maybe enough to make a call and say... Look... I'll tell you everything i know. All my bank accounts, financiers, donors, leaders, where they live, planned attacks, EVERYTHING, who, what, when, and where.. All i ask is for a hut in Afghanistan, some surgery, and let me live out my days and die in peace, I'm sick and tired.. I'm done. Deal? IMO sounds like an offer I think we would take in reality.. Handed everything on a silver platter after a decade and billions of dollars of research by the NSA, CIA, FBI etc. Gitmo, water boarding, trials, interrogations, billions of dollars spent.. Now just handed on a silver platter. All we have to do is promise not to kill him, and let him live in peace.

Not saying this is what happened... But hell. I have just as much proof that it did, as i do that it happened the way Obama said... Absolutely nothing.. Nada.. Zip.. No doubt in my mind we got him.... But how and why is the burning question...

Another couple points....

Osama was worth FAR FAR more alive than dead. The loss of intelligence alone is catastrophic.. It's the difference between having a 1 billion piece puzzle. And having a billion piece puzzle with numbers written on the back of each piece.. So why kill him right off like BAM.. Especially when he's not armed. Even if he was. he could have been wounded just as easily. They can shoot his wife in the leg, but not him? From a strategic, intelligence, and tactical standpoint it is absolute LUNACY to KIA that much intel, especially when he wasn't armed and was only "Resisting"...

Then they all flew home on the magic blackhawk that fits 30+ people..

I guess like any good government happening. There is always more questions than answers, and utter lunacy over facts.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It does not take a seal team 30 minutes to clear the first 2 floors of a 3 story house. Especially when not a soul in that house has engaged in a firefight. The only armed man shooting was in the other house. What did the seals do? stop and make a sammich in the kitchen? Check out what was on TV? 30 minutes! Seriously? Sorry, but they don't operate that way... It goes against almost everything to take that long.

Remember the whole Jessica Lynch Fiasco.. Remember how made up that was. She was like a female rambo. Weapon Jamed, she went hand to hand until captured.. yada yada yada.. But truth was she never fired a round and was pinned in her vehicle. Then we find out about the Seals raid in the hospital to rescue her. They had heavy fire, fought their way to her room, grabbed her, and got out.. Then we hear from the doctors that there wasn't a single military guard in the whole place, not a hostile shot fired, and the only resistance through the whole hospital was rounding up the staff as they found them... Guess how long in and out took? Only 25 minutes... That's it. a big ass hospital, cleared, secured, and the package extracted in 25 minutes...

Yet somehow it took them 30 minutes to clear the first two floors of a small house before locating the highest profile target EVER then killing him in the last 10 minutes of the raid....

Like i said. The dollars aren't making cents.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
OK... So now we have 30+1 in One BH sized helicopter.. Plus.............
"National Security Adviser Tom Donilon said Sunday. In an interview with "Fox News Sunday," Donilon said the trove of files seized last week after bin Laden was killed is "the size of a small college library."
"The size is quite notable. It's the largest cache of intelligence information from a senior terrorist that we know of," he said.

2+2 isn't even close to 4 anymore. Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! it's a plane! No it's a solitary UH-60 Blackhawk the size of a passenger jet. :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sounds like they have changed their story yet again.... At least this time it fits a bit better and explains the whole logistical aspect... Somewhat... kinda... Like any good government story though it raises more questions than it answers.

U.S. special operations forces have made approximately four forays into Pakistani territory since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, though this one, some 90 miles (145 kilometers) inside Pakistan, was unlike any other, the officials say. (minor detal but.. It's about 150 miles just to the border of Afghanistan, i measured it, google it and measure if you like. But it's about 150 miles just to the border. not 90)

The job was given to a SEAL Team 6 unit, just back from Afghanistan, one official said. This elite branch of SEALs had been hunting bin Laden in eastern Afghanistan since 2001.

Five aircraft flew from Jalalabad, Afghanistan, with three school-bus-size Chinook helicopters landing in a deserted area roughly two-thirds of the way to bin Laden's compound in the Pakistani city of Abbottabad, two of the officials explained. ( Told ya they had to have Chinooks.. and Osamas compound is about 170 miles from Jalalabad..

Aboard two Black Hawk helicopters were 23 SEALs, an interpreter and a tracking dog named Cairo. Nineteen SEALs would enter the compound, and three of them would find bin Laden, one official said, providing the exact numbers for the first time.

Aboard the Chinooks were two dozen more SEALs, as backup.

The Black Hawks were specially engineered to muffle the tail rotor and engine sound, two officials said. The added weight of the stealth technology meant cargo was calculated to the ounce (gram), with weather factored in. The night of the mission, it was hotter than expected. (nice how they try to explain questions about weight)

The Black Hawks were to drop the SEALs and depart in less than two minutes, in hopes locals would assume they were Pakistani aircraft visiting the nearby military academy. (makes sense, sounds right for Seal Tactics)

One Black Hawk was to hover above the compound, with SEALs sliding down ropes into the open courtyard.

The second was to hover above the roof to drop SEALs there, then land more SEALs outside, plus an interpreter and the dog, who would track anyone who tried to escape and to alert SEALs to any approaching Pakistani security forces.

If troops appeared, the plan was to hunker down in the compound, avoiding armed confrontation with the Pakistanis while officials in Washington negotiated their passage out. (All 3 above sounds right)

The two SEAL teams inside would work toward each other, in a simultaneous attack from above and below, their weapons silenced, guaranteeing surprise, one of the officials said. They would have stormed the building in a matter of minutes, as they'd done time and again in two training models of the compound. (sounds right)

The plan unraveled as the first helicopter tried to hover over the compound. The Black Hawk skittered around uncontrollably in the heat-thinned air, forcing the pilot to land. As he did, the tail and rotor got caught on one of the compound's 12-foot (3.6-meter) walls. The pilot quickly buried the aircraft's nose in the dirt to keep it from tipping over, and the SEALs clambered out into an outer courtyard.

The other aircraft did not even attempt hovering, landing its SEALs outside the compound.

Now, the raiders were outside, and they'd lost the element of surprise.

They had trained for this, and started blowing their way in with explosives, through walls and doors, working their way up the three-level house from the bottom. (Sounds like a typical Plan B they would use. )

They had to blow their way through barriers at each stair landing, firing back, as one of the men in the house fired at them.

They shot three men as well as one woman, whom U.S. officials have said lunged at the SEALs.

Small knots of children were on every level, including the balcony of bin Laden's room.

As three of the SEALs reached the top of the steps on the third floor, they saw bin Laden standing at the end of the hall. The Americans recognized him instantly, the officials said.

Bin Laden also saw them, dimly outlined in the dark house, and ducked into his room.

The three SEALs assumed he was going for a weapon, and one by one they rushed after him through the door, one official described.

Two women were in front of bin Laden -- yelling and trying to protect him, two officials said. The first SEAL grabbed the two women and shoved them away, fearing they might be wearing suicide bomb vests, they said.

The SEAL behind him opened fire at bin Laden, putting one bullet in his chest, and one in his head. (Sounds like someone said fuck capturing this POS and ghosted him... LOVE IT! )

It was over in a matter of seconds.

Back at the White House Situation Room, word was relayed that bin Laden had been found, signaled by the code word "Geronimo." That was not bin Laden's code name, but rather a representation of the letter "G." Each step of the mission was labeled alphabetically, and "Geronimo" meant that the raiders had reached step "G," the killing or capture of bin Laden, two officials said.

As the SEALs began photographing the body for identification, the raiders found an AK-47 rifle and a Russian-made Makarov pistol on a shelf by the door they'd just run through. Bin Laden hadn't touched them.

They were among a handful of weapons that were removed to be inventoried.

It took approximately 15 minutes to reach bin Laden, one official said. The next 23 or so were spent blowing up the broken chopper, after rounding up nine women and 18 children, to get them out of range of the blast. (Now that time frame sounds more like it )

One of the waiting Chinooks flew in to pick up bin Laden's body, the raiders from the broken aircraft and the weapons, documents and other materials seized at the site. (No question here. )

The helicopters flew back to Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan, and the body was flown to a waiting U.S. Navy ship for bin Laden's burial at sea, ensuring no shrine would spring up around his grave.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ew-bin-laden-mission-shot-deal/#ixzz1McMh0wqu

My only lingering question is......... If the president, VP, Sec of state and a whole other gaggle watched this operation live in the situation room like they claimed..... Then how on earth did they fuck up the initial story so bad.....

My guess is the whole "Situation room" shit was staged for PR.... Nice.. Soldiers putting their life on the line and bamey uses it to stage a PR stunt...