Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rut is on!

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
today was probably the best day of deer hunting I've ever had.. while I was sitting in my climber in my tree 240feet up I looked down and I saw a 14pt talking to a 16pt and they were butt tagging each other and smoking cigars. Needless to say when I saw that I grabbed my CCW and shot both deer in the ass and one in the head and climbed down from my redwood tree singing my own praises. Upon inspecting the deer I realized it was my neighbors dressed up for Halloween.

Moral of the story, the rut is 2+ weeks away and dressing up as a deer for Halloween and being in the woods is a bad idea...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
today was probably the best day of deer hunting I've ever had.. while I was sitting in my climber in my tree 240feet up I looked down and I saw a 14pt talking to a 16pt and they were butt tagging each other and smoking cigars. Needless to say when I saw that I grabbed my CCW and shot both deer in the ass and one in the head and climbed down from my redwood tree singing my own praises. Upon inspecting the deer I realized it was my neighbors dressed up for Halloween.

Moral of the story, the rut is 2+ weeks away and dressing up as a deer for Halloween and being in the woods is a bad idea...

Well done, the worthiest post in this sorryass thread.
And Lundy also pegged it in post #25, pg 2, this thread, TOO, c/o the internet

Corey,
The rut is no joking matter.
This is serious business, very serious business. Lives, and livelihoods are at stake.
Now go sit in the corner of your treestand and think about what you've done. :smiley_asswhip:

Last edited: