Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Samsung Ice Maker Issues

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I'm on the clock, my guys here, replacing everything. It's the same guy that fixed my TV last time. Told him I'd see him again next week, explained the issue. He's surprised by it.

Reactions: 5Cent and "J"

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My guy showed up and swapped everything out. Told me they’re on the hook for keeping these things going for 10-15 years. Expect these new ones too last about 2 years, if you’re lucky. You’ll start seeing a decrease in volume of ice in about a year. As soon as you see that, call them up and complain. A new one will be installed, or a cash settlement may be in the works. If that happens, this one gets relegated too the garage as a beer fridge and a new (different make) will replace it….

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
My guy showed up and swapped everything out. Told me they’re on the hook for keeping these things going for 10-15 years. Expect these new ones too last about 2 years, if you’re lucky. You’ll start seeing a decrease in volume of ice in about a year. As soon as you see that, call them up and complain. A new one will be installed, or a cash settlement may be in the works. If that happens, this one gets relegated too the garage as a beer fridge and a new (different make) will replace it….
Same route mine will take. And I'll never buy Samsung appliances again

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I think I'm on my third fridge with these ice makers. Made in the USA also lol!
IMG_20220708_174628158.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We just bought a new Samsung fridge at Big Reds(scratch and dent store). He told us about this issue and said Samsung corrected this problem by redesigning the whole system. Should we be worried? It’s being delivered on Monday.😳

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We just bought a new Samsung fridge at Big Reds(scratch and dent store). He told us about this issue and said Samsung corrected this problem by redesigning the whole system. Should we be worried? It’s being delivered on Monday.😳
Time will tell, they redesigned it, but time will tell if it fixes it. My service guy didn’t have faith in the fix, so we’ll see.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Hearing LG is the way to go, that's what i had purchased from Lowes and canceled when I heard Samsung was fixing the issue. Problem was the one I wanted wouldn't be in stock until September

Reactions: finelyshedded

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We also bought a LG washer. Salesman said LG is top of line. He was transparent about the Samsung fridge issue but said company addressed it. 🤷🏻‍♂️😬

• Haha
Reactions: Dustinb80

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
So I am having no issues at all with my Samsung and it is 3 years old, so do keep an eye on it? Complain?

is the issue only with the upper ice maker? It may not be making as much ice? Need to investigate

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
So I am having no issues at all with my Samsung and it is 3 years old, so do keep an eye on it? Complain?

is the issue only with the upper ice maker? It may not be making as much ice? Need to investigate
If/when it starts freezing up, you’ll know. Ice will be very low too nonexistent. Pull the ice bucket out. Push it up and pull it out. The ice maker will be all frosted over.
2471B2B6-4397-439D-897A-A1E766E8C979.jpeg
This is a mild case of it.