Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Saturday 11.16.19

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I’d rather be lucky than good.

This morning’s hunt almost didn’t happen. The alarm went off and I thought about sleeping in. The doubt about even seeing deer, let alone getting an arrow in one on public land was a good excuse. Every weekend warrior will be out there anyway...

Then I told myself to shut the hell up, quit whining and get out there. You can’t kill ‘em from here and you’ll be grumpy all day if you don’t hunt anyway.

Off I went, heading to a spot I hadn’t hunted yet, but had marked on my onX maps app. Turns out I picked a good spot and had a nice morning hauling this deer out.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys. It’s been a weird season for me. I lost a good farm I had permission on when the landowner sold in later August. That really left me scrambling to find a new place or put more time in on public.

I picked up a new farm but it’s really poor for whitetail. Hunted it three times in November and didn’t see a single deer. After that I shifted to public which comes with it’s own set of challenges as you know.

With zero expectations and a quiver full of arrows I didn’t have to think much about whether or not to draw on this deer. I’m very thankful to have had such a great experience this morning.