Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent Smoker

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
We took some pictures of Kaynatai Bridge in the snow today. I figured I'd let the scent smoker guys know I was advertising for them.... :smiley_bril:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tube of pain lol.... I saw it on COB's FB page but couldn't comment because it was tagged lol.... man I wish I had a dollar fornevery hour I've been on those things lol.... where were they out of.... looks like a marine J-model....

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Hey Chuck how many versions of camo you guys got these days lol

Well I think there are three total.

We wear the woodland digital mid November to mid April and the desert digitials for the other half.

I recently saw a picture of some recon Marines wearing a snow digital too, but I think that was more of an light over coat.

I never understood why we didn't go to a grey uniform like the Army and Air Force. It would have made life a lot easier and cheaper (I don't get a clothing allowance any more).

Now the Navy is all jacked up. They wear that gay blue digital camo (God help you if you fall off a ship wearing that stuff), the old woodlands camies, the old desert camies, and the army's camies.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I know each Branch has their own unique mission and all, but we all should be wearing one style of uniform... Doesn't make much sense in this day in age with shrinking budgets and making more with less and all.... They don't have to be exact but the basic uniform could... Which could save a lot of money.... We don't have to pay for them while in the Reserves but remember the Active days and the stipened they give you never kept up with the replacement cost.... Being in maint. they always got tore up and was always getting looked at while on base after leaving work... Always liked the desk guy's coming up too us and reading us the riot act for looking bad in the uniform after working a long shift doing nothing but A/C work and being dirty from head to toe and getting griped at about the condition of our uniform lol... And don't get me started on boots lol....

Oh and Chuck, haven't flown on them but have worked on a couple of them over in the AOR.... Quieter and a lot more modern Avionics and engines but most of the stuff I work on is the same ole 50's vintage tried and true systems lol...

Last edited: