Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Score this one

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
A friend from Maryland shot this buck on Christmas eve.

Whatta think it'll score?

I'm guessing high 150's to mid 160's.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome deer! I agree he'll gross and net in the 160's comfortably but those sweet stickers and fork will cut into that. I love the color and that is one great looking deer. It will make a awesome mount.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Dandy buck..

I can see holly trees in the background and i see Sweetgum leaves on the ground..thats an eastern shore buck

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
LOL Phil! I can see a big fuckin dead deer on the ground/in a cart with a hunter standing beside it! I think it was killed by him or something!

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
lol..You guys are funny..But i will gaurntee this buck was taken in a county close to the bay or the eastern shore..Why?..Cuz i pay attention to detail and thats where those trees species predominately grow :)

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's a heck of a nice deer, wherever it's from, or whatever it scores!! I gotta agree with cotty, I TOO love big bucks and I cannot lie!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Heck of a buck! Congrats to your buddy! Any idea what part of County of Maryland? I grew up back there.

Dandy buck..

I can see holly trees in the background and i see Sweetgum leaves on the ground..thats an eastern shore buck

lol..You guys are funny..But i will gaurntee this buck was taken in a county close to the bay or the eastern shore..Why?..Cuz i pay attention to detail and thats where those trees species predominately grow :)

I'm not sure what county he killed it in, but he said he shot it on his land lords place. My friend lives near Waldorf so I'm assuming it was in Prince Georges County.

No Mountaineer it's not an Eastern shore buck. PG county is close to the Western shore of the bay, but so aren't most of Maryland's counties.

There are a lot of biggens in this area. I remember being stationed there and seeing a couple that would make 140-150. There are a lot of 120 to 130 bucks taken, but one thing that is always common is they have skinny racks with no mass. This guy has it all. Also look at his body size too. That is one old and well feed buck.

I still haven't heard back on how big he is yet.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thank you TF! My apologies to mountaineer. I thought it was a WV buck. Must not have been bull shit I saw in the background.