Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scouting report

Matt

Norton, OH
Guess I will contribute a thread. :D

I went on a scouting trip yesterday to a marsh I have my eye on for duck season. There were probably 100 or more mallards and a few dozen woodies out there. I think I got a good spot pegged.

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
Guess I will contribute a thread. :D

I went on a scouting trip yesterday to a marsh I have my eye on for duck season. There were probably 100 or more mallards and a few dozen woodies out there. I think I got a good spot pegged.

Were u using decoys :confused:

Matt

Norton, OH
Heh, no dekes geezer. I did take my calls with me though just to play around a bit. I called a few mallards in overhead at about 25-30 yards while crouching down in the grass. Ddin't do it for long though, don't want smart ducks!

Matt

Norton, OH
Just got back from the public blind drawing for Mogadore reservoir and Wingfoot. Me and 2 buddies got three weeks, 2 weeks for the early goose/teal and 1 week during the regular season.

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
Cool - i use ta duck hunt there alot - i don't know what the rules are now but feeshermen had ta stay off the lake till noon - well one time uhm all set up wif deeks and stuff and here come this fuggar feeshermen rowing across the lake right past muh blind and him goes out ta a l'll island - kinda pizzed muh off - i was sit'n there kinda mad and reached inta the pocket of muh hunt'n coat and found a slug - well shit i loaded that slug and aimed at him boat and let it rip - hell i knew it was to far to hit - well that slug started skip'n off the water like a flat rock and BLAM - right into him boat - sounded like some one hit'n a empty garbage can wif a ball bat - dang - :smiley_chinrub::smiley_breakdance:

oh yeah - dat feesherman beached him boat on the island and walked over ta the other side afore i shot him boat - he had no idea wud happened - haaaaaaa -

Last edited:

Matt

Norton, OH
Haaa! They had blinds up for raffle at Wingfoot too. Apparently the Goodyear execs used to have blinds out there and would duck hunt all the time.

On Moggy during the early goose/teal season we can hunt all day, but the rest of the season is only til noon.

Matt

Norton, OH
Jesse, you can come up whenever you want bud. I went with my buddy Jimmy (no, not him) yesterday and scouted out the one blind at Mogadore. We were getting pretty down-trodden because we were seeing zero ducks paddling around in the canoe. Then when we got close to our blind, about 50 teal took off from around our blind. So, that was nice. Probably won't put in for the Ladue blinds though, since I can hunt it elsewhere without a blind permit.

Matt

Norton, OH
Just got my new waders from Cabelas, put the finishing touches on some mallard dekes I was repainting and got some goose floaters primed up for repainting. Should get to those this weekend. I'm almost ready. ;)