Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scouting Thread

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nice. You have re-re deer. "Hey Floyd, you hear that?" "Yeah Goober, lets go see what it was!" WTH... Thanks for sharing.

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So you worded it "attempting to shoot coyotes". I assume they did not connect then? Pretty nice deer though. Can't believe they were out in shorts and sandals calling yotes. Funny stuff. Darn nice bucks! Can't get over that one.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
So you worded it "attempting to shoot coyotes". I assume they did not connect then? Pretty nice deer though. Can't believe they were out in shorts and sandals calling yotes. Funny stuff. Darn nice bucks! Can't get over that one.
Ya they missed, it was complicated haha. And they were hidding behind some haybales, so why camo up if ya dont have to right? lol, and the one buck is actually the buck from the other video.

Diablo54

Outside
Haha. Every time the farmer cuts the top field the yotes come out and hunt the evening afterwards. So we loaded up the .223 and the vid cam and headed out. After 20 min here came a yote. We were all set up on it dad asked if i was on it and i said yeah. 3 seconds later dad is rolling around on the haybale cussing because the bullet was going to hit the haybale at that angle. In all the movement another yote had circled behind us at 20 yards. They both took off. Thats when we both shot. And missed haha. I dont know why chief and his buddys decided to run into the field after hearing rifle shots.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow that is pretty neat. I can't believe those deer came in after all that ruccus!

I have been thinking about it. You suppose the yotes ran towards them? Maybe they didn't know where the shots came from and they were just trying to get away. Thinking they were fleeing the gun shots, they actually came in closer? I would think they would have had an idea which direction the shots came from.