Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Second Place

Schu72

Streetsboro
My first 5k of the year is on the books. I finished 2nd in the 30-39 age group. I'm still waiting on the overall results. My time was slower than expected, but that's all relative to the course and the competition.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Just running in an event like that is an accomplishment. I hate running... unless it's some kind of sport, or something is chasing me I just generally prefer not to do it. rotflmao

Schu72

Streetsboro
17th overall. Not bad. I guess they have a video of the finish. The event manager said it will be up sometime tomorrow. I'll see if I can post it on here or at least post the link.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats on the first 5K.... ran mine back in 09.... finished in like 26-27 minutes... in the 50 year old bracket.... slow and steady..... lol....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just running in an event like that is an accomplishment. I hate running... unless it's some kind of sport, or something is chasing me I just generally prefer not to do it. rotflmao

x4. That is exactly what I say. I do it as a necessity while working out but hate every second. When I reach a new plateau on the bench I get geeked and push harder for a while. If I run farther/faster I think "ugh, I hate running".

Beentown

Schu72

Streetsboro
Have you found out what your finish time was yet?

Sure...I knew that before the awards ceremony. It was a disappointing 22:10. But as I mentioned in my opening post, it's all relative. No two road races are the same. This was one of the hillier courses I've run on in recent years and that could have been a factor or it could have been all mental. Who knows. Hope to be closer to 21:00 for the next one.