Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

See the Resemblance???

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Looking through the pictures tonight, I got to thinking, and went back and looked. The big seven point I posted a few pictures of sure looks a lot like a buck I got video of last summer just a quarter of a mile down the road from where I live now. Tell me that isn't the same deer. The video is kind of crappy, but it was getting dark. I have better video at the house, just not uploaded to youtube.

Picture from the other night:

Watch around the 1:30 mark:
[video=youtube;l46EsxHGiXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46EsxHGiXA[/video]

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Greg, it's been my belief and observation that it's apparent that some bucks just don't have the "IT", factor. My target buck this year appears to not have blown up as much as I would have thought. Some deer grow 40 inches or more and some deer put on less than 10. Maybe he needs another year but he could be deer that needs culled. Did anyone get that tall 10 last fall? Now, HE should have blown up into a monster. He isn't very wide but spread is just a trait passed down and is only one measurement. I filmed a buck from my hunting stand a few years ago that was a 170 inch typ with a 17 inch spread and the next year his rack blew up to a 195 non typ. His spread actually got narrower because of his mass. The lucky hunter was toting a shotgun on a deer drive and he was a stander. It was before the drive even started and this buck was walking in between him and the next stander into the area the drive was getting ready to be pushed. Go figure! I had him within 45 yards during bow season two years in a row and didn't get get a good enough shot op and a guy that never knew this deer existed is in the right place at the right time. It just was meant to be I guess! It really sucks but I'm happy for the guy. Sorry for the rambling but my fingers just kept going and wouldn't stop!:smiley_bril:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm not sure if the Tall Ten made it or not. We watched him
all summer, and he disappeared shortly after the season started. I would have loved to had an opportunity at that buck, and hoped he did make it through to this year. I think the bucks above are the same deer and that he will never get much bigger, it's just in his genes. Still, I would like to see the wife get a shot at him. He is a unique deer, mature, and would make a great first deer for her.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It would be a dang nice first deer for her! My first few were does and I was happy. Goodluck to her and hopefully you can be her cam man and film her in the process.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It would be a dang nice first deer for her! My first few were does and I was happy. Goodluck to her and hopefully you can be her cam man and film her in the process.

We will see how that goes. It's gonna be an adventure to say the least. I'm hoping it will all fall together on it's own...