Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sgt Fury’s 2022 Ohio/NJ seasons

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
FB174077-A337-4D41-ADE1-A40D99D02C93.jpeg
B26FD258-FB03-4112-AD52-087BE936D247.jpeg
ACE869F5-8665-4092-BAFE-5544C520FAB4.jpeg
536B88B6-2E0E-44CE-984E-6752DD7FCA9F.jpeg
2F7FE695-1951-4FF7-BED2-70CC7B1590CF.jpeg

A few of my buddies rented a cabin in Logan and are hunting in that area. One of them got a good one yesterday afternoon around 4:15pm.

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
EF27FA09-2B6B-46E1-A831-B52A53AEEEDB.jpeg
7082756A-008D-4B7F-A983-06826067730E.jpeg
02FAFB39-A88F-4077-AF2C-031A08887F54.jpeg
F4B79329-F90E-4570-98FE-79CE5D4E2150.jpeg

Another one of my friends staying at a rented cabin in Logan got a 12 pointer this morning around 8:20. I left for Jersey this morning along with the other guy who got the big 9. I don’t know what those two are doing in the jacuzzi and I don’t want to know!😂
So two out of the three guys staying there ended up with bucks and mine makes 3 out of four (I stayed at a hotel that I had booked back in March) these guys didn’t decide to come here to hunt until last Tuesday.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
FA421884-061E-4CE3-9A91-DBDB58862DA0.jpeg
829A7062-1D70-4CCE-8A05-6A3B3570707B.jpeg
6516F106-C451-4413-A503-4D12AEDD6F43.jpeg

Got another buck that showed up recently and has been hanging around. NJ shotgun deer season opens tomorrow through Saturday. Nice to sit a spot knowing that there are a couple of good bucks around….makes it a little easier getting up early in the morning!😂 I’ll be able to sit every morning and evening except for Tuesday….I have a doctor appointment in the morning.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Good luck too you also….them bucks gotta be somewhere during the day. Hope one crosses your path this week.👍
Thanks George.. Went to check where Casper was 2 years ago, mainly for bears later in the week if it flys... First time in there this year and found a fair amount of deer sign.. Put two trail cams out and think I'll try pot luck and go there in the am...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Well my NJ firearms season started off typical….I’m in my stand one hour before shooting light and I see a bright flashlight in the back of my neighbors field. My neighbor hunts but his property is only 98’ wide back at the field. I guessed it was him but then he starts toward my property, and continues through the back of my place and onto a piece of posted land (a sanctuary). He’s now waving the flashlight all over the place looking for a place to sit. I figured he already blew all of the deer from the field and probably from the sanctuary so I may as well go for broke. I YELL “you’re trespassing and I’m calling the warden right now”! I then get a text from my neighbor saying “hey bud, it’s me, Finch”. I’m soooo pissed that he could be this stupid so I don’t answer him for fear of saying something that I won’t be able to take back. He had already asked me a few weeks before if he could hunt the back of my property and I said no because that’s where I’ll be hunting. He then gets nervous because I’m not answering his repeated texts so he retreats back to the back corner field edge on his property. He then walks the edge of his field and climbs into his regular deer stand. He takes 20 minutes setting up…all the while he’s using his extremely bright flashlight to signal the space station! I’m sure every deer within a half mile saw that light cutting through the swamp. Needless to say, I saw zero deer. When I got out this morning, I texted him when I got home….I didn’t go bat shit crazy on him but I don’t think I’ll have a repeat of that in the future.🤬🤬🖕👊

Well my NJ firearms season started off typical….I’m in my stand one hour before shooting light and I see a bright flashlight in the back of my neighbors field. My neighbor hunts but his property is only 98’ wide back at the field. I guessed it was him but then he starts toward my property, and continues through the back of my place and onto a piece of posted land (a sanctuary). He’s now waving the flashlight all over the place looking for a place to sit. I figured he already blew all of the deer from the field and probably from the sanctuary so I may as well go for broke. I YELL “you’re trespassing and I’m calling the warden right now”! I then get a text from my neighbor saying “hey bud, it’s me, Finch”. I’m soooo pissed that he could be this stupid so I don’t answer him for fear of saying something that I won’t be able to take back. He had already asked me a few weeks before if he could hunt the back of my property and I said no because that’s where I’ll be hunting. He then gets nervous because I’m not answering his repeated texts so he retreats back to the back corner field edge on his property. He then walks the edge of his field and climbs into his regular deer stand. He takes 20 minutes setting up…all the while he’s using his extremely bright flashlight to signal the space station! I’m sure every deer within a half mile saw that light cutting through the swamp. Needless to say, I saw zero deer. When I got out this morning, I texted him when I got home….I didn’t go bat shit crazy on him but I don’t think I’ll have a repeat of that in the future.🤬🤬🖕👊
DAMN.............

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
George... Welcome to N.J. Sorry to hear he ruined your hunt, some people are just ASSHOLES.. Happens every opening day on public land, really sucks to happen on your own property esp. by a neighbor... No excuse, ream him a new asshole...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Wtf. He already asked and ypu said no and he still did it?! 😡😡😡
Yup! He’s not too bright….last Turkey season I had a permit for the first week and he didn’t. I asked him if I could walk down the township property line then cross his 90’ span to reach my Turkey blind via “the back door” as my normal way in would’ve bumped them…they were roosted near the swamp at the front half of my property. I told him I wasn’t asking to hunt his land, only permission to cross it to get to my blind. He said no problem. First day I’m walking past his house an hour before dark with a small green light to see my way…he’s walking out the front door toward his truck to go to work. I wave and say good morning. He says “can I help you? This is my land”. I stopped and said “it’s me….you said I could go through your property to reach my blind”. He said “ oh, ok…I didn’t know it was you”. This guys as sharp as a marble.😂😂