Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sgt Fury’s 2022 Ohio/NJ seasons

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
AE4A8256-F8D3-427E-8405-54E96A2DC907.jpeg
8FAD52CB-767E-4945-B1A0-93CE89F08492.jpeg

Just got delivery of my new Banks blind. Going to place it at one of my hunting properties after the six day NJ firearms season in December. I’m placing it so that I can cover the swamp near my ladder stand and also cover the field. I can use it Turkey hunting without worrying about skunks messing around with my portable blind (saw one several mornings searching around right as it was getting light enough to see last season). I can also cover the field where a lot of deer were piling out of a thicket to eat in the evenings. It was too far to shoot from my ladder stand…this blind will go half way between the field and my current ladder stand, basically it will be used late season and spring Turkey. Seems to be better sealed than my sportsman’s condo so I won’t have to mess with wasps in the future.

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Finishing loading up the truck, early to bed tonight then on the road to ohio at 4:00am. I’m bringing some stuff that some people wanted to buy and will set up a time and place to meet Dave or someone else this Saturday. After getting stand ready, I should be hunting/in the stand Sunday morning. Hope the bucks start moving in my area as I don’t have any bucks on camera in over a week.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Had a monster buck on my pile but it was too dark to see in the scope….all I could see was a dark blob. I could see the huge rack but couldn’t see well enough to even guess at how many points he had. Five minutes before good enough light to shoot, he wandered back down the ravine. I checked my Spartan cam but apparently it’s having issues as it hasn’t taken a pick since 7:30 pm last night. Hope he comes back. He ate on the pile for a good 20 minutes so he definitely knows it’s here now.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Had a monster buck on my pile but it was too dark to see in the scope….all I could see was a dark blob. I could see the huge rack but couldn’t see well enough to even guess at how many points he had. Five minutes before good enough light to shoot, he wandered back down the ravine. I checked my Spartan cam but apparently it’s having issues as it hasn’t taken a pick since 7:30 pm last night. Hope he comes back. He ate on the pile for a good 20 minutes so he definitely knows it’s here now.
Wtf? Come on man! 😂 good luck.