Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

She Broke.

Buckmaster

Portage
I run high test pump gas (yes, with ethanol) in my saw. Oil is Stihl synthetic 50:1 mix. Sounds like a fair price on the splitter. New, it’s close to $2k.

Buckmaster

Portage
Thinking like J....if I got 21 years out of my last saw...the one I have on backorder; should be the last saw I need to buy. I’ll be 71 when I need another. Fugg that!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Getting there.

20210419_133915.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Was English his first language?

The Sheetrock guy from facebook, yes.

The two painters who come highly recommended at 1/3 the price of other painter quotes. No. Husband and wife Guatemalan couple, I don't even think he speaks English as she did all the talking. They're booked out 4 months but had a cancellation so we only had to wait a month or so. They start the week after next.

Funny though because a few miles down the road they're building a really big neighborhood of 2,000 Sqft condos. If I didn't find someone on FB I was going to drive over there with a couple pictures and steal one of their crew members. After the hurricane I had one shingle that was ripped off on a steep part of the roof, A neighbor down the road was getting a similar roof color. I walked down there and convinced one of them who didn't speak a lick of english to walk back with me. I pointed at the shingle and held out 20 bucks. 15 minutes later I hear him scurry up the roof and bang around and then he was gone.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Not happy at all, but I abused her breaking 3 new plots in the last 13 months. Time to tear into the gear box sub-assy and hope it's just the chain. Still have power/motion forward and back, but no tines spinning.😡

Was hoping a shear pin or coupler somewhere I couldn't locate but a quick call to DR to confirm how not to void the 2yr warranty would work, yielded different results. Hats off to them on awesome customer service in this environment. Essentially the machine is built around the gear box (other side of machine in pic below) and they have none in stock until July....if I'm lucky. So the tech said disassemble if you are able and if you can source parts locally, they'll reimburse. Local dealer is 3 months for warranty work🤨

20210521_082517.jpg

20210521_082616.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
good luck. I've been wrestling with my tiller for three years. this was a low end rear tine tiller made by Ardisam, sold under the Scott's name at Home Depot, I think. I bought it 20 years ago, did absofuckinglutely nothing to it besides put gas and oil in it for 17 years, so I shouldn't complain about one serious tune up two years ago, forward and reverse drive belts last spring, and now the reverse drive belt again today. have really gotten my money's worth out of it, and haven't taken care of it at all, lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not happy at all, but I abused her breaking 3 new plots in the last 13 months. Time to tear into the gear box sub-assy and hope it's just the chain. Still have power/motion forward and back, but no tines spinning.😡

Was hoping a shear pin or coupler somewhere I couldn't locate but a quick call to DR to confirm how not to void the 2yr warranty would work, yielded different results. Hats off to them on awesome customer service in this environment. Essentially the machine is built around the gear box (other side of machine in pic below) and they have none in stock until July....if I'm lucky. So the tech said disassemble if you are able and if you can source parts locally, they'll reimburse. Local dealer is 3 months for warranty work🤨

View attachment 127773
View attachment 127775

Oh man. Looks like you're in for some fun.